SE-formatted SD card cannot be accessed in external card reader

Hi,

I’ve got Sandisk Sansa Express with fw 01.01.01E2. In the SE I’ve put a Sandisk 4GB SDHC (Mobile Ultra) and using Windows XP (MTP) the SD card has been formatted. The SE can access all songs on the SD but when I eject the card and puts it into the a Sandisk SD to USB card reader the card cannot be accessed - and even worse - I cannot format the card using Windows XP.

What the heck! It seems like my SD is destroyed by the SE!

Have tried with two different card readers (both from Sandisk) and both the latest versions made for Ultra and Extreme Sandisk cards.

Anyone that knows how to rescue a Sansa Express formatted SD card for normal usage again (e.g. in my mobile phone)?

BR

Fredrik

@wessen wrote:

Hi,

I’ve got Sandisk Sansa Express with fw 01.01.01E2. In the SE I’ve put a Sandisk 4GB SDHC (Mobile Ultra) and using Windows XP (MTP) the SD card has been formatted. The SE can access all songs on the SD but when I eject the card and puts it into the a Sandisk SD to USB card reader the card cannot be accessed - and even worse - I cannot format the card using Windows XP.

What the heck! It seems like my SD is destroyed by the SE!

Have tried with two different card readers (both from Sandisk) and both the latest versions made for Ultra and Extreme Sandisk cards.

Anyone that knows how to rescue a Sansa Express formatted SD card for normal usage again (e.g. in my mobile phone)?

BR

Fredrik

I also have had the Express corrupt my micro SD cards. They were so corrupted that Windows would not recognize the cards.

I retrieved the cards by formating the cards using a command prompt window. In Windows XP, open Start/ All Programs/ Accesories/ Command Prompt. Type in “format:” and the letter name of your card reader.

If your phone has a format command, format the micro SD card again in your phone to ensure compatibility with your phone.

Message Edited by Mr_Moose on 09-03-2008 05:35 AM

It was not possible to “format j:” from the prompt. So, I guess I can return both the card and the Sansa Express to the store - they are both from SanDisk. I actually thaught that the combination SanDisk mp3 player and SanDisk SD memory was something that worked together, but unfortunately not.