SD card blank after a photo session??

Hi all,

I’m using a SanDisk Ultra 16gb with a Nikon d3200 in a photo studio. I do around 20 sessions a day, and after each session I move the photos from the SD to the computer for editing.

Now, three separate times this week I have inserted the card into the computer only to find it completely blank. The card was definitely in the camera and the shutter was going as normal, with no error messages.

What’s causing this? Is it the card or the camera?

:smiley:   Hi Ajdharrison,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

[ Is it the card or the camera? ]

1.1-  Try the SD, on a laptop in its port-card (no card-reader).

1.2-  Copy some small file and see.

2-    Try another SD in the camera.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                          (Google translated)

Cacho, the problem is that it happens randomly. 99% of the time it copies fine, so even if I try it in another laptop, it will most likely work. What I want to know is, has anyone else had this problem, and how do I prevent it from happening?

The simplest way to recover lost photos from corrupted SD memory card is to use a powerful Memory Card Recovery Software called Amrev Recover Photo . The software performs digital image recovery in a few moments and doesn’t overwrite data as it is a read only application. In fact, the interface itself is so intuitive, that you don’t have to read long boring manuals, and guides to understand it. It does image recovery in just three steps, scan media, select images, and click recover! And all the required images are recovered.

I am having the same problem, but only with UHS 3. After 4 seconds of recording on the cinema camera recording on flash memory is terminated, but the camera shows that the recording continues and no failures. Don’t know what to do with it(

:smiley:   Hi Maris,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

[…but only with UHS 3. ]

-   Please, check in the manual of the camera, if it’s compatible, with your card (SDXC ?).

Because there: SDHC UHS U3, SDXC UHS U3, etc. Link: http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/sd/

-   Also, try with other card equal, to discard a problem of the camera.

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)