Saving a imovie project on a 32gb cruzer

Hello

Was wondering if anyone on here can help me.

I have been trying to put a movie from my imac using imovie onto my 32 gb sansdisk cruzer blade,but with no joy.

When the blade is put into the imac it shows up in imovie has a drive but with a little warning triangle next to it.

I try to place the movie into it but it keeps being rejected.

The usb does seem to be working okay it plays mp3’s  and old movies which i have made when i used sony vegas with my old pc.

It just seems anything which imovie has had anything to do with it won’t play.

I wanted to put a few movies on the usb so i can then put the usb to a blu ray player and then watch the movies on my tv.

Hope someone can give me some advice on this if they have managed to do this okay.

Thanks

Ian

How large is the movie file you’re trying to put on it? Flash drives are formatted as FAT32 and will not accept a single file over 4GB in size.

Hello,it’s only around the 2 gb size.

Ian

I’ve also tried putting various movies on all under 4 gb,it just won’t play them for some reason it’s really frustrating.

Are thse files DRM-encrypted perhaps? Are you trying to play them back through your mac or your blue-ray player connected to your TV? Perhaps the (mac) format is not supported by the player.

Hello Tapeworm
I have been looking into it today and think it may be my blu ray player.
It is a LG BP -125 if that means ought.
I’ve read it doesn’t play .mov files which is more or less QuickTime which iMovie uses.
I’ve played the same files on a PC and my mac via the USB and they work great.
So now I think I need to be looking for a .mov converter,any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Ian

@powerslave wrote:

I’ve read it doesn’t play .mov files which is more or less QuickTime which iMovie uses.
I’ve played the same files on a PC and my mac via the USB and they work great.
So now I think I need to be looking for a .mov converter,any ideas?

Sounds logical. I haven’t checked, but I’m sure there are probably several you can find by googling. Try one and see if it works.