Can't copy 4.2gb mov file from MacBook to 16gb Cruzer...HELP please

Just bought a 16gm Cruzer so I could backup a 4.2gm .mov file to the Cruzer and also load it onto other computers. Every time I try to copy the file, I get an error message (error code 0). Anyone have a suggestion of how to make this work? I tried copying a normal and much smaller mac file and it worked fine. Thanks.

Cruzer is formated as FAT32, max file size for FAT32 is 4GB.  You can try 1. breaking the file up, 2. zipping it, or 3. reformating the Cruzer to NTFS.  If you choose option 3 be sure to backup you files and the hidden system folder before reformating.

since you are using a MAC NTFS will not be an option. are you planning on moving the file to another MAC? if so you can reformat as MAC OS Extended. if you plan on using it in a windows computer or other device MAC OS extended will not work.  

Similar issue.  I have a 32gb Cruzer.   Tried to copy a 4.7GB file, but got the message saying that the file was too large.

I sent a support message to Sandisk and was given a suggestion to format as exFAT or NTSF.

I’m not a total noob, I have formatted other drives before, but never a USB drive.

So, I select the drive, right click, select format.  I see that it says the drive size is 29GB, so I have the right drive selected.  I click quick format, exFAT (NTSF is not shown as an option- just exFAT and FAT32).  The process starts, and then I get a message “Windows was unable to complete the format”.

I am using winXP Pro 32bit on my work pc, and win7 ultimate 64bit on my home pc.  Same message on both machines.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help out there?

Does this link help?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/289/kw/files%20larger%20than%204GB

I’m having a similar problem but don’t know how to reformat USB.

I’m Mac os 10.6.8

@beachbreak wrote:

I’m Mac os 10.6.8

Hey beachbreak, :slight_smile:

I salute you dude, for being so honest. Have you try Long Path Tool ? Because it eleminates long path file error. Such as error in copying, deleting and renaming files/folders.:manhappy: Hope this will help,

@soberoy wrote:

@beachbreak wrote:

I’m Mac os 10.6.8

Hey beachbreak, :slight_smile:

I salute you dude, for being so honest. Have you try Long Path Tool ? Because it eleminates long path file error. Such as error in copying, deleting and renaming files/folders.:manhappy: Hope this will help,

What was being descirbed has nothing to do with ‘long paths’ so no, this doesn’t help. It simply amounts to spam!

:angry:

This link might be useful

http://lifehacker.com/5195783/format-a-usb-drive-as-ntfs-in-windows-xp

On mac, open disk utility . Select the flash drive. Reformat by erasing partiions and choose mac journaled. Worked for me .