Sansa Zip Album Art

How do I add album art to mp3 files?

I would like to be able to add album art images to a group of songs but one song at a time would be better then nothing.

I dont have any programs to do this and I have windows XP without “Windows Media Player 11”

Does sansa clip have a way to add album art.

I know Ipod does this but I prefur sansa over Ipod. So I really want to know how to do this.

Thanks!

(please reply soon <3)

I read on here that you can drag an image into a folder and all those songs with be with that image.

so for example (if I understood right:)

sansa zip < music > artists > Eminem

so then I drag a 300x300 image, that is less the 100 space into the folder, along with the songs?

what if there are more then 1 albums in that folder?

how do I add 5 albums into one catagory (Eminem)

can someone just simply EXAMPLE the whole album art system? thanks

you reply to like  7 posts and skip mine? :stuck_out_tongue:

c’mon please. How do I get album art?

I still am confused

@total1000 wrote:

you reply to like  7 posts and skip mine? :stuck_out_tongue:

Who are you speakinig to?  :confounded:

You are the only one who ahs posted in this thread up to this point.

@total1000 wrote:

I read on here that you can drag an image into a folder and all those songs with be with that image.

so for example (if I understood right:)

sansa zip < music > artists > Eminem

so then I drag a 300x300 image, that is less the 100 space into the folder, along with the songs?

what if there are more then 1 albums in that folder?

how do I add 5 albums into one catagory (Eminem)

Each album will need its own image file. After all, each album has its own album art, doesn’t it?

Note they should be regular (not progressive) .jpg files and the files should be named (or re-named by you) “folder.jpg” or “album art.jpg” (without quotes of course).

1 Like

thanks for replying.

How do I add images per album?

My music set up is music > genre > artist.

I dont orginize albums.

is there a way to have 3 or 2 albums in ONE folder?

If you don’t have a folder hierarchy that includes Album folders, but you still want the correct album art to appear when playing, then you will have to either create Album folders and include the appropriate album art file within that folder as described above, or embed the image into each file’s ID3 tag.

MP3Tag is the best free tag editing program.

1 Like

*sigh*

time to orginize 3000 songs into albums… be back in 4 years!

(jk)

thanks. I’ll deticate some weakends to orginizing Q.Q

does it matter if its jpg or jpeg?

and does it matter if the size is 400x400+?

.jpg is the 3 digit extension for jpeg files. 400 x 400 pixel size should be OK, but I wouldn’t go any larger than that, especially if you’re going to embed them into the ID3 tags. Actually, anything larger than 150 x 150 or so is going to have to downsized by the player to display it anyway, so I don’t see any need to create more work for the player and tie up memory space in larger image sizes.

1 Like

This is so frusterating >.>

So I arranged it all, and added a small sized JPEG image per folder. How you said.

But 80% of the images dont show up.

why!?!?!?!?

I’ll show example screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/Yzt2uR4.png

This image WORKED

but on the OTHER folder. it didint

]

http://i.imgur.com/4qqJW6p.png

so:

http://i.imgur.com/4qqJW6p.png (didn’t work)

http://i.imgur.com/Yzt2uR4.png (worked)

please tell me why? I followed instructions correctelly afaik.

tapeworm, do you know why one photo showed and one didnt?

The only thing I can think of is that the file is mis-named. I notice your computer is set NOT to show file extensions. I would change that in your options and see if maybe it is actaully named “album art.jpg.jpg”. That would prevent it from being recognized and/or displayed.

1 Like

Figured it out!

get this =.=

things named “album art” only show up 20% of the time. Things called “folder” show up 90%

go figure :stuck_out_tongue: thanks!

:confounded:

Strange . . . very strange indeed.

1 Like

@total1000 wrote:

Figured it out!

get this =.=

things named “album art” only show up 20% of the time. Things called “folder” show up 90%

go figure :stuck_out_tongue: thanks!

Thanks for posting the helpful info. here–may assist others. 

1 Like

I reread this thread and realized I might be forgetting something crucial

im using rockbox. latest.

that might effect the album art

oh and I dont know what kudos or the red/white stars are, but ya all get one! <3 :catvery-happy:

@total1000 wrote:

I reread this thread and realized _ I might be forgetting something crucial _

im using rockbox. latest.

that might effect the album art

Yeah, that bit of “crucial” information would be been nice to know at the beginning. :confounded:

With Rockbox, “album art.jpg” won’t work; you must use “folder.jpg” or “folder.bmp”. The Rockbox manual explains this. You could have saved everyone (including yourself) some time if you had initially mentioned you were using Rockbox . . . or read the RB manual.

<3 you too =.=