You can put songs on the Sansa m200 two ways, Windows Explorer or Windows Media Player. Moving songs back to the PC, you can only use Windows Explorer. WMP does not allow songs to be copied to the PC.
You can have the m200 in either of two modes (MTP or MSC) to load music. To copy the music back to the PC, you must have the m200 in the mode used to put the music there originally. This could be MTP, MSC or some of both.
Steps to Copy Music to PC
- With the m200 not connected to the PC, power it on, press the menu key. Select " Settings", then USB , then MSC or Auto Detect depending on the mode you used to place the songs on the device.
- Connect the m200 to the PC via the USB cable.
- Right click on the " Start" button.
- Left click on " Explore"
- Find the m200. If in MSC mode it will show as a hard drive, for example: “SANSA M250(E:)”, if in MTP mode, it will show as “SanDisk Sansa m250”.
- Click on the m200 device and then on the folder containing the songs. In MTP mode the songs would be in the " Music" folder within the " Media" folder. Also, if you didn’t uncheck " Create folder hierarchy on device" before you put the music on the device, the songs are in " Album"and " Artists" sub-folders. Another reason for not creating folders on the m200.
- Highlight the songs you want to copy to the PC.
- Drag the songs to the folder on your PC you want to copy them to. Alternately, you can copy and paste them to the PC.
- If you stored songs on the m200 in both MSC and MTP modes, you must repeat the step for the other mode.
- Don’t forget to Stop the device using the ICON in the System Tray before disconnecting if using MSC mode.
For more hints and info, click on the link below:
Message Edited by Walt-n-Florida on 09-19-2008 05:47 AM