Sansa m240 being odd

ok, so i have had my m240 for almost a year, but i just got it to add/remove songs, i went to erase all my songs, and i erased what i thought was all of them, but now theres like 22 songs left and nomatter what i do i cant seem to get them erased, on my windows media player list it says i have no songs left of my mp3 player, but i know i do, so im not sure how to get rid of them. Any advice?

thx-in-advance

Babycakesxo, you gotta fix that font. That is nigh on impossible to read.

The instructional videos contain little tutorials on how to format the device. #7 or #8 under Sansa MP3 Player. Try it.

If you are like me and can’t follow the videos, try this:

Formatting the SanDisk Sansa m200 Series

SanDisk tech support recommends formatting the m200 series in both MSC and MTP modes to completely clear out all work areas,“fragments” and residual data. The m200 has a very basic Operating System that doesn’t have a defrag option. According to tech support, the m200 needs formmating occasionally to keep it working smoothly. I learned that formatting will clear up intermittent hang-ups.

Format in MSC Mode

1. With the m200 not connected to the PC, power it on, press the menu key. Select " Settings", then USB , then MSC.
  2. Connect the m200 to the PC via the USB cable.
  3. Right click on the " Start" button.
  4. Left click on " Explore"
  5. Find the m200. It will show as a hard drive, for example: “SANSA M250(E:)”
  6. Right click on the m200 device and select " Format"
  7. After formatting is complete, click on the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon on the System Tray and stop the device.
  8. Disconnect the m200 from the PC.

Format in MTP Mode

1. With the m200 not connected to the PC, power it on, press the menu key. Select " Settings", then USB , then Auto Detect.
  2. Connect the m200 to the PC via the USB cable.
  3. Right click on the " Start" button.
  4. Left click on " Explore"
  5. Find the m200. This time it will not show as a hard drive but as a music device, for example: “SanDisk Sansa m250” Note there is no drive letter in MTP mode.
  6. Right click on the m200 device and select " Format"
  7. After formatting is complete, disconnect the m200 from the PC. There is no icon to stop the device.

Your m200 device is now formatted and ready to reload.

If you want to try playlists or just learn more about the m200 MP3 players, check the link below:

http://www.tnni.net/~walterjmoore/m250/index.htm

Hafun,