Need Help with my M240

Need somehelp bad  my m240 stop playing back, I can down load all the tunes I like but when I go to play back it will not stay on at all . It will not play at all  Help Someone . This is the best MP3 Player I have had . Fits my needs and all that . I just like to get it back working is all

SanDisk tech support recommends formatting the m200 (m240 included) series in both MSC and MTP modes to completely clear out all work areas,“fragments” and residual data. The m200 series has a very basic Operating System that doesn’t have a defrag option. According to tech support, the m200 needs formmating occasionally to keep it working smoothly. I learned that formatting will also clear up intermittent hang-ups.  I format mine each time I reload it.

Format in MSC Mode

1. With the m200 not connected to the PC, power it on, press the menu key. Select " Settings", then USB , then MSC.
  2. Connect the m200 to the PC via the USB cable.
  3. Right click on the " Start" button.
  4. Left click on " Explore"
  5. Find the m200. It will show as a hard drive, for example: “SANSA M250(E :smiley:
  6. Right click on the m200 device and select " Format"
  7. After formatting is complete, click on the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon on the System Tray and stop the device.
  8. Disconnect the m200 from the PC.

Format in MTP Mode

1. With the m200 not connected to the PC, power it on, press the menu key. Select " Settings", then USB , then Auto Detect.
  2. Connect the m200 to the PC via the USB cable.
  3. Right click on the " Start" button.
  4. Left click on " Explore"
  5. Find the m200. This time it will not show as a hard drive but as a music device, for example: “SanDisk Sansa m250” Note there is no drive letter in MTP mode.
  6. Right click on the m200 device and select " Format"
  7. After formatting is complete, disconnect the m200 from the PC. There is no icon to stop the device.

Your m200 device is now formatted and ready to reload.

My m240 stop playing back. Help me please.