Sansa Fuze Wheel Non responsive

Ive had my 8gb sansa fuze for a little while and when i tried to use it recently the wheel was non responsive.  I can move it around freely but nothing happens on the screen.  It also does not light up in response to the wheel but will if i press any buttons.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I have almost the same problem.

If I press a button, there is no problem, but if I not press a button, then I have to use the wheel two or three times before it response.

I thought, I was the only on with this problem.

Message Edited by Alucard09 on 05-08-2010 06:13 AM

When I have wheel problems a reset, or simply turning it on and off fixes it. If I detach mine after it has been in standby it acts up.

Hold the power switch up for at least 30 seconds to reset the player. If that doesn’t help, then download the firmware again and reinstall it on the player. If that doesn’t work then return the player(or send it to Sandisk for replacement).

JK98 wrote:
Hold the power switch up for at least 30 seconds to reset the player. If that doesn’t help, then download the firmware again and reinstall it on the player. If that doesn’t work then return the player(or send it to Sandisk for replacement).

I agree with JK’s 3rd recommendation; return it and get another. You can go through the motions of #1 & #2, but it’s likely to be little more than a prcatice run for the time when those remedies are actully needed and successful.

Or… I remember reading somewhere on this forum (I don’t remember where) that some people have had trouble with the wheel, apparently due to build up from dirt, dust, ect. Apparently this can be fixed with a wet cloth. Just take a towel (after turning the device off), dampen it, lay it down, and put the Fuze on top of it facing downwards, so that the wheel is touching the cloth. Leave it there for a few minutes, remove it, then place it somewhere for it to dry. Turn it on, then and see what happens. If it doesn’t work, try another one or two more times. If this doesn’t work, the device may be defective.

Good luck.