Sansa Fuze+ freezes when I play video

Why does this happen, I have videos saved on a memory card and it will play for a few minutes and freezes and doesn’t do anything!! Is there anything I can do stop this from happening?? I never had this  problem with the older verson of the Sansa Fuze. Music works great, it’s just the Video.:womanmad:

Don’t put videos on a memory card.

why?

I have the old  video converter for the Sansa Fuze, and it dosn’t work for the new Fuze+ do you know what the new converter is? or where I can get it? thanks so much.

Denise

@denise1211 wrote:

why?

I have the old  video converter for the Sansa Fuze, and it dosn’t work for the new Fuze+ do you know what the new converter is? or where I can get it? thanks so much.

Denise

Old Sansa Media Converter does not work with the Fuze+, you would need to get new SMC using the Sansa Firmware Updater. The new SMC will work with both Fuze and Fuze+. In addition, I do have videos on my microSD card which I am not having any problem. Did card came from your old Fuze?

@denise1211 wrote:

why?

Denise

Have you seen the sticky post entitled Fuze+ Video Requirements at the top of the board?

It is better to not use the SMC, regardless of it’s version. Frankly, the program is a nightmare. Videos are not converted properly, don’t copy properly, audio/video is out of sync. You can use any video converter you like, as long as the settings are the same as the ones in the Fuze+ Video Requirements page on the main Fuze+ forum page.

Okay, first off, have you tried using check disk on the card? Check disk often clears up all kinds of random errors. Second off, have you tried defragging the card? That might improve the card’s performance. Third off…

@slimmyshady wrote:

It is better to not use the SMC, regardless of it’s version. Frankly, the program is a nightmare. Videos are not converted properly, don’t copy properly, audio/video is out of sync. You can use any video converter you like, as long as the settings are the same as the ones in the Fuze+ Video Requirements page on the main Fuze+ forum page.

Slimmyshady is right. SMC is a badly programmed piece of software, and your better off with pretty much anything else. A lot of people on this forum prefer to use Any Video Converter, but there are many other programs you can use.