Sansa Fuze and Ford Sync

the Sync system recognizes the player but won’t accept or play the songs… the message is that it doesn’t recognize

the player as having the legal right to have the songs… how do you fix this?

I own all my media but holding a CD up to the player to show I bought it doesn’s seem to be a viable solution…

What format are the songs?

First, try switching your player’s USB mode to MSC (in Settings > System Settings). If that works, great. If not, let us know. There may be other things at work here. What format are the files in, .mp3 or .wma? Did you use Windows Media Player to rip your CD’s?

all my files are wma and I ripped them all on Win Media Player…

WMP by default adds “copy protection” (aka DRM nonsense) to its .wma files to prevent anyone from playing them on an “un-authorized” device (which in this case is your car’s stereo). You’ll have to re-rip them, either by first un-ticking the “copy protect” option in WMP’s Rip Settings if you still want to use .wma format, or by choosing .mp3 format instead.

MP3 is more universal and you don’t have to worry about DRM or files not playing in a certain device. Also as I mentioned before, you should manually set the player to MSC mode (Settings > System Settings > USB mode) so that your stereo unit will see your player as just another memory storage medium. Note that if you add a memory card to the player, your stereo won’t be able to see it either. It’s not smart enough to see 2 different drives, which basically it would be. It will only see the internal memory.

I still can’t get my Sansa Fuze+ to work with my Ford Sync.  I ripped all my cds using CDex there is no protection showing in the files and they are all in mp3 format.  I tried loading the player using WMP and just dragging files over.  The player will only see one artist out of the 20 or so i have on there.  that’s all it will play 6 albums from that one artist.  i switched over to MSC and it saw one album from three artists.  I really don’t understand what I am doing wrong.  Can anybody help me make this work?

Load them all in MSC mode by dragging & dropping (copy & paste). It’s not enough just to switch the player to MSC mode after there have already been files loaded in MTP. You should probably format (which will erase everything you’ve put on it), switch to MSC and start over.

Load them all in MSC mode by dragging & dropping (copy & paste). It’s not enough just to switch the player to MSC mode after there have already been files loaded in MTP. You should probably format (which will erase everything you’ve put on it), switch to MSC and start over.

Btw, this board (and thread) is for the (original) Fuze. The Fuze+ board is here is you have any further problems. :smiley:

Btw, this board (and thread) is for the (original) Fuze. The Fuze+ board is here if you have any further problems.

Most car stereos are looking for a basic USB drive in their USB connection.

The Fuze becomes a generic   USB drive in MSC mode.

If you use MTP mode–synching with Wondows Media Player–then those files are invisible to an MSC connection, because they went over via an MTP connection. 

You need to send the files over–drag and drop—via MSC.