Sansa Fuse+ issues with 16G sd card

Hi all,

I am having problems with my Sansa Fuse+ and the external SD card. I have had my mp3 player for a few years now and I just got an external sd card for it today. it is a 16GB, HC, class 10. 

When the SD card is in the slot and I try to boot up the device, my sansa will show the bootup stage but will turn off quickly after that. but if I Don’t have the SD card in and boot it up, it boots up fine. I can then put in the SD card and it works fine. I am only having problems turning it on with the SD card in when I try to turn it on.

I hope that I explained everything well enough, but does anyone know why this would be happening? 

Thanks!

Return the Class 10 card and get a Class 4. Class 10 cards are problematic with mp3 players and phones. They are designed for cameras and high demands (HD video, quick sucessive still shots, etc.)

1. I use an 8 GB Class 10 card (Patriot Memory LX Series) without problems. The writing speed appears to be throttled down to 4 MB/s by the player.
  2. BUTInitially I had problems inserting the card properly, and the player behaved erratically. When I pushed the card into the slot I felt quite a large resistance. I thought I had the card completely inserted, while in fact I had not. I had to push the card further down quite hard with my fingernails until the card’s edge was flush with the slot’s rim ; then the card (audibly) clicked into place and remained locked. After that card and player worked together.:smiley: Maybe limewell has the same problem.

@limewell wrote:

Hi all,

I am having problems with my Sansa Fuse+ and the external SD card. I have had my mp3 player for a few years now and I just got an external sd card for it today. it is a 16GB, HC, class 10. 

When the SD card is in the slot and I try to boot up the device, my sansa will show the bootup stage but will turn off quickly after that. but if I Don’t have the SD card in and boot it up, it boots up fine. I can then put in the SD card and it works fine. I am only having problems turning it on with the SD card in when I try to turn it on.

I hope that I explained everything well enough, but does anyone know why this would be happening? 

Thanks!

Same Problem here with a sony SDHC class 10 32gb card. It is a legitimate card and can be filled up and used in the fuze+ I have. However it doesn’t always turn on properly: in fact it does exactly as your fuze+ does.  However, it will eventually boot fine and everything works 100% until it turns off again. Then i am stuck turning it on 6-7 times. 

Update: Before sending this post I tried a few things. Formated via the fuze+ (SDHC ext card), sent my files back to the 32 gb SDHC and have been able to power on normally about 5 times.  The card is seated with a click yet one side protrudes ever so slightly. Im betting if I hold the fuze+ the wrong way and move the protruding edge I might cause this failed power on again. I Will post back if the problem persists.

Ps I believe Strawbeards advice holds true if some players and cards don’t seat well ;/

The Sandisk firmware isn’t reliable with cards faster than class 4. Rockbox,  an alternative firmware for the player is said to work fine with faster cards. Installing Rockbox on a player though might make it permanently unable to play DRM protected files. Rockbox provides many more features and settings than the original firmware. Those who use Rockbox on the Fuze+ claim that with Rockbox navigation control is much better.