Sansa Express 01.01.05a firmware released!

Yep, I know your frustration. I had problems a few weeks after I bought mine, but eventually got a new unopened one from sansa, though now this one is giving me problems. If only they has worked out the multiple bugs before even announcing a release date to market this product. I also have issues with my 8gb sansa view. i’m almost tempted to just list these for cheap on ebay or craigslist and never again buy another sansa product.

this sansa express suddenly stopped working last night. it’s been fine for the 2 months that I’ve had it. it won’t reset, it won’t charge. when you do try to reset and turn on, it says “sandisk” for 3 seconds and turns off. i have followed your firmware instructions to the letter, have called the 1-800# for help (where the operator took me through the same step-by-step instructions) and this thing still won’t work. other than throwing this thing right in the trash (and going out tomorrow and buying a different brand), any suggestions?

@harrylover110 wrote:
this sansa express suddenly stopped working last night. it’s been fine for the 2 months that I’ve had it. it won’t reset, it won’t charge. when you do try to reset and turn on, it says “sandisk” for 3 seconds and turns off. i have followed your firmware instructions to the letter, have called the 1-800# for help (where the operator took me through the same step-by-step instructions) and this thing still won’t work. other than throwing this thing right in the trash (and going out tomorrow and buying a different brand), any suggestions?

The Express has a one year warranty. You should try to get it repaired or replaced by Sandisk. Call again and ask to return the player for a warranty repair.

Can someone please help me out here? I’m trying to back up my files and I cant figure out how to do it. When I just plug it right in, its shows 2 disk drives but both say their empty. And when I plug it in while holding - nothing shows up. This is the second time my Sansa crashed, but this time I have really important files on it. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Thanx a lot  i have followed the procedure and my sansa express is working fine now.This procedure is very useful.

Thanx a lot

NANDU

Tawcoma26, using the Express, select SETTINGS then SYSTEM INFO.  Then scroll down and see if you have any SONGS or AUDIO BOOKS or RECORDINGS listed.  If you do, then you should be able to find them from Windows Explorer when the Express is plugged into your computer.  Click on START, MY COMPUTER, then you should see the SANSA EXPRESS listed as one of the drives.

If you don’t have any of those things listed (in other words, the quantity is zero [0]), then your data might be lost.  Holding down the volume down (-) while plugging the Express into the USB port of the computer is called “Recovery Mode” and is used for re-update the flash memory.  I’m not sure if simply plugging it in while holding (-) will erase the files or if you actually have to run the update before the files are erased.  But if you can’t see any files, it sounds like they may be gone.

If anybody is still trying to solve their resume problem using this thread, they should be aware that it seems to be outdated. I just spent some time with tech support and they told me that the latest update is 01.01.01A2. 

my Sansa Express is giving me a headache…

it works fine witout the microSD but as soon as i stick it in, the whole thing jams up at the refresh database screen…

it takes ages to load and then automatically turns offf…

can i get some help with this??? 

btw, the mcroSD is 2gb sandisk…

im currently using the 1.01.12 version of firmware… 

I am getting errror message like this when i click SansaExpressUpdater.exe

Scsi sense code:device reported an undefined sense code

0xf0,0x0,0x9…

and device is not working 

hi !

i’m a new member of this community. i have a prb with my sansa express usb mp3 player. recently i formatted my sys and installed window xp3 version . before that it worked very well. but after installing when i inserted my sansa it showed as an mtp device. and used to refresh for 10min continuosly and stops. sometimes the sys doesnt detect it. in the device manager it is seen under portable device.

so kindly plz suggest me solution for the prb.

This thread may help:

To get Sansa Express back to MSC mode using device mgr.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&message.id=1013

Thanks so much!! Between you, Jake, and Thomas (who directed me to Jake) I think I’ve got this thing solved. Like you, I hope it LASTS :slight_smile:

Blessings,

BethsBooks