Sansa e280 screen has been broken

My Sansa e280 screen has been broken, :(  i sent a message for custumer servies asking for help if they can fix it or replace the screen , BUT they said Search for rapair center to fix it !!! 

could any one help me how to fix it please ??

thnks

Find someone that knows how to solder a buncha million points on a circuit board. The screen is soldered (“welded”) on.

It will be more expensive to repair than to replace.

Thank you man .it mean that my sansa  is bye bye right ?! :frowning:

@shamshoon2 wrote:
Thank you man .it mean that my sansa  is bye bye right ?! :frowning:

If you have a v1 player you could at least re-use the internal 8gb flash drive in another v1 player, for example, in the e250v1.

@autobahnsho wrote:

Find someone that knows how to solder a buncha million points on a circuit board. The screen is soldered (“welded”) on.

Will -

Do you think you could blow that picture up a bit more for us? I can’t quite make out the fingerprint on your pinkie! :smileyvery-happy:

Btw, what is that ‘jumper cable’? I certainly don’t recall seeing anything like that the last time I took one of my players apart. It doesn’t look like original equipment to me, and I doubt whether it would even fit inside the case. :wink:

@autobahnsho wrote:

Will -

Do you think you could blow that picture up a bit more for us? I can’t quite make out the fingerprint on your pinkie! :smileyvery-happy:

Btw, what is that ‘jumper cable’? I certainly don’t recall seeing anything like that the last time I took one of my players apart.

It doesn’t look like original equipment to me, and I doubt whether it would even fit inside the case. :wink:

The photo is from a web page.  The jumper you see is a test jig, like a JTAG connection for programming and test.  The new Sansa Fuze has a cool ribbon cable connector, rather than a soldered ribbon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

The photo is from a web page.  The jumper you see is a test jig, like a JTAG connection for programming and test.  The new Sansa Fuze has a cool ribbon cable connector, rather than a soldered ribbon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, I think that’s one of the players Sandisk sent to the rockbox developers to help them port rockbox over to the Sansas.

You’re pretty good, considering I borrowed it from Daniel’s site…

:slight_smile:

@autobahnsho wrote:

You’re pretty good, considering I borrowed it from Daniel’s site…

:slight_smile:

I do admit to cheating a little bit by checking the image properties.  I knew where it came from even before checking, though.

Thanks for clarification…

I bought refurbed e250 one to replace the screen of my e280…can you please explain me in detailk…how to replace the circuit and other things ?

thanks in advance …waiting for your reply

@ravinethi wrote:

Thanks for clarification…

I bought refurbed e250 one to replace the screen of my e280…can you please explain me in detailk…how to replace the circuit and other things ?

thanks in advance …waiting for your reply

Did you see the many miniscule solder points on that ribbon cable connecting the LCD screen to the PCB (printed circuit board)?

Not only would you have to have pin-point accuracy & superior soldering skills, but you would first have to de-solder all those joints without de-soldering the adjacent ones nearby. Think othoscopic surgery or Lazik eye surgery for a comparable skill level and visual accuity required.

Highly unlikely for the average user. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but if you can, “You’re a better man than I, Gunga Din!” :wink:

If both your players are v1 models, it would be easier (and more feasible) to swap the memory module from the 280 with the broken LCD to the 250, essentially upgrading it to a 280.

Kinda like what Dr. F did . . .

oh sweet…so that’s what the insides look like.

VERY VERY VERY…thanks for the reply

I am not capable of doing such complex surgery as you mentioned :smileyvery-happy:

i thought of swap the memory module…as u mentioned…

how can i know whether model is v1 or v2 ?

hw to swap the module?

pls respond…at earliest