Sansa E280 Memory Card Problem

My micro sd memory card will not show up as an option on my e280 to access music or on my computer while installed in my e280, but will show up when it is in my computer’s memory card reader. I am using the correct MSC mode on my e280. What can I do to correct this problem?

What verison of player (v1 or v2) do you have? And what is the size of the memory card? V1 devices will only recognize up to 2GB cards, which are SD format. SDHC (4GB & larger) support is only available in v2 models, unless you install 3rd-party firmware by Rockbox.

Thank you for responding. It is a Version 1 sansa E280, and a 4gb micro.  Where can I find the Rockbox firmware you spoke of?

www.rockbox.org

Hi there is it the same for an E260 with 1.02.24E version? and if so can I get v2 as a down load from Sandisk? I’m trying to use a micro SDHC class 4 8gb

@gsp wrote:

Hi there is it the same for an E260 with 1.02.24E version?

Yes. You have a v1 device also.

and if so can I get v2 as a down load from Sandisk?

No. You cannot ‘upgrade’ a v1 to a v2. Although they operate the same, they have a different processor (& other hardware) inside.

I’m trying to use a micro SDHC class 4 8gb

The only way to do that is to use the Rockbox firmware as explained above.

Ok my friend is it as easy as its made out to use ‘Rockbox’ or is there any downside to it oh and by the way thanks for our help so far…

I like to refer to Rockbox as 'made by geeks, for geeks". For the ‘technology-challenged’, all the settings & options can seem overwhelming (I think the manual is up to about 200 pages now), but a lot of the various tweaks possible are only going to be set once (if you use that option at all) so once you get it set-up the way you want it, it’s pretty easy to operate.

There’s definitely a learning curve; it’s not a no-brainer like the OF (original fimrware) is but the only way to know whether you’d like it is to poke around the Rockbox site and/or try it out for yourself.

Ok my friend thanks for the info maybe if I get a free weekend I’ll have a go however at the mo I’m trying to sort out my Ipaq and ‘The page you are looking for cannot be found’ comes up on IE. Its driving me round the bend. I’ve put a wi-fi card in and this is all I get. Got a connection but cannot get passed first base…its going to be one of those days…