Sansa Clip

I have a Sansa clip and do not have any software for it anymore but it is coming up with a FAT corrupt error connect to PC but when I do nothing happens.  Please HELP

I have attempted to reformat but the player does not even show up on my explorer …like it does not exist.  Is there any way to force this?

Message Edited by sparky72665 on 11-05-2009 03:30 AM

There’s no software to be had for it, other than the firmware updates you can find here on the forum.

What are you expecting to happen? Nothing will occur on it’s own; you’ll have to instigate any procedure. And I believe the proper one for a FAT error (unless you’re Kirsty Allie, Oprah or Tyra Banks) is to format the device. :stuck_out_tongue:

This can be accomplished by right-clicking on the player in Windows Explorer and selecting Format. Use FAT if it’s 2GB, and FAT32 if it’s a 4 or 8GB machine. And don’t use the Quick Format option. :wink:

Do note:  there is no special software for the Clip–it simply uses the operating system you are on.  Any software you may have received originally may have been for the Rhapsody music subscription service or for the Best Buy music store.