Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.18

@slotmonsta wrote:

I would like to let you know we are looking into this issue. . .

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Was it really so hard to post this phraze earlier ? You have no time frames to say, that the problem is under the investigation ? What you call a “foul language” - this i’m calling a PERSONAL OPINION, which was reasoned by the concrete fact. If users are reporting on some problems and there are no reaction by support - i have a full rights to call them LAZY, this speaking freedom is documented by constitution. Instead of improving the support quality and making the corresponding  conclusions on not bringing the customers into the mad condition - you are trying to find the reason for ban the user (who says uncomfortable things, but which are quite truthful and argumented).

Sigh…the good news is, firmware updates are out 

@romanaleksejuk wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Was it really so hard to post this phraze earlier ? You have no time frames to say, that the problem is under the investigation ? What you call a “foul language” - this i’m calling a PERSONAL OPINION, which was reasoned by the concrete fact. If users are reporting on some problems and there are no reaction by support - i have a full rights to call them LAZY, this speaking freedom is documented by constitution. Instead of improving the support quality and making the corresponding  conclusions on not bringing the customers into the mad condition - you are trying to find the reason for ban the user (who says uncomfortable things, but which are quite truthful and argumented).

Dude, calm down.  It’s just an inexpensive mp3 player, not like someone is breaking down the door of your house and raiding it.

As for your freedom of speech, that is guaranteed to US citizens inside the US where Congress can make no law regulating it.  That doesn’t mean private forums can’t moderate/censor/edit as they wish, just the goverment can’t make laws where it does the same.  Plus the foul language isn’t necessary.  Marvin, Tapeworm, Bob and Miikerman are good guys, just owners like the rest of us who are nothing but extremely helpful in these forums.  A lot of their comments are in jest and aren’t to be taken seriously.  So lighten up.  :smiley: 

The Sandisk people are looking into it.  If you know anything about tech companies they run lean staffs (I work for one so I know it all too well) so it takes time to get fixes determined, tested and released.  They’re humans, they make mistakes or sometimes overlook things.  They know about it now so just wait for the fix to come out.  In the mean time, enjoy the player.  I know I am (even when the RDS info wasn’t working, the radio worked fabulously as did the mp3 music section).  For the price the CZ is still a downright steal even the RDS info is kaput.

3 Likes

@tnmats wrote:

@romanaleksejuk wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Dude, calm down.  It’s just an inexpensive mp3 player, not like someone is breaking down the door of your house and raiding it.

As for your freedom of speech, that is guaranteed to US citizens inside the US where Congress can make no law regulating it.  That doesn’t mean private forums can’t moderate/censor/edit as they wish, just the goverment can’t make laws where it does the same.  Plus the foul language isn’t necessary.  Marvin, Tapeworm, Bob and Miikerman are good guys, just owners like the rest of us who are nothing but extremely helpful in these forums.  A lot of their comments are in jest and aren’t to be taken seriously.  So lighten up.  :smiley: 

The Sandisk people are looking into it.  If you know anything about tech companies they run lean staffs (I work for one so I know it all too well) so it takes time to get fixes determined, tested and released.  They’re humans, they make mistakes or sometimes overlook things.  They know about it now so just wait for the fix to come out.  In the mean time, enjoy the player.  I know I am (even when the RDS info wasn’t working, the radio worked fabulously as did the mp3 music section).  For the price the CZ is still a downright steal even the RDS info is kaput.

Well said, tnmats

@tnmats wrote:

@romanaleksejuk wrote:

And by the way, isn’t freedom of speech a right guaranteed to US citizens under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution?

Last time I checked Lithunaia wasn’t a part of the United States of America.

@tnmats wrote:

@romanaleksejuk wrote:

As for your freedom of speech, that is guaranteed to US citizens inside the US where Congress can make no law regulating it.  That doesn’t mean private forums can’t moderate/censor/edit as they wish, just the goverment can’t make laws where it does the same.  Plus the foul language isn’t necessary.  Marvin, Tapeworm, Bob and Miikerman are good guys, just owners like the rest of us who are nothing but extremely helpful in these forums.  A lot of their comments are in jest and aren’t to be taken seriously.  So lighten up.   

And by the way, isn’t freedom of speech a right guaranteed to US citizens under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution?

Last time I checked Lithuania wasn’t a part of the United States of America. Maybe it’s one of those 57 states the President was referring to a while back? :confounded:

Tapeworm wrote:

Last time I checked Lithuania wasn’t a part of the United States of America. Maybe it’s one of those 57 states the President was referring to a while back? :confounded:

Do you think that the freedom of speech present in US constitution only ? :dizzy_face: Khe-he. I’m very proud of Lithuania is not a part of US really, do not want to start posting my thoughts about US nation, don’t provoke me on that :wink: So i’ll finish there, tired already on all of this…

@tnmats wrote:

@romanaleksejuk wrote:

@slotmonsta wrote:

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Now that post is what I call truly

HI,

Ok I am asking niceley …:wink:

Where can I see all the keyinfo which shortens the limit of files on the Zip?

Any response is highly appreciated!

@ubtapes wrote:

Are you asking what factors affect the number of files you can put on the Zip in regards to the database limitation?

Long file names, long track titles in the ID3 tags, embedded album art (especially large images), and multiple layers of folders (heavy nesting) all seem to reduce the number of files you can put onto the player and have them seen/recognized/playable. Officially the limit is 8,000 tracks, but that number can be reduced signifigantly if the above conditions are present.

@tapeworm wrote:

@ubtapes wrote:

Are you asking what factors affect the number of files you can put on the Zip in regards to the database limitation?

Long file names, long track titles in the ID3 tags, embedded album art (especially large images), and multiple layers of folders (heavy nesting) all seem to reduce the number of files you can put onto the player and have them seen/recognized/playable. Officially the limit is 8,000 tracks, but that number can be reduced signifigantly if the above conditions are present.

So Tapeworm, does Rockbox get around the problem?  I’m looking to get a 32GB card for my 8GB CZ and the file limitation makes it not worth it.  If RB doesn’t have the 8k file limit then it does make sense to buy one.

And the x.18 firmware update allows any micro SDHC card to be used now, right?  I hope…

@tnmats wrote:

So Tapeworm, does Rockbox get around the problem?  I’m looking to get a 32GB card for my 8GB CZ and the file limitation makes it not worth it.  If RB doesn’t have the 8k file limit then it does make sense to buy one.

And the x.18 firmware update allows any micro SDHC card to be used now, right?  I hope…

Rockbox’s file limit is 10,000.

The latest firmware doesn’t have anything in it pertaining to what size micro-SDHC cards can be used. Any SanDisk player accepting an SD card clear back to the e200v2 series will accept and read any size card up to and including the maximum of 32GB.

SDXC format cards are a different story.

@tapeworm wrote:

@tnmats wrote:

The latest firmware doesn’t have anything in it pertaining to what size micro-SDHC cards can be used. Any SanDisk player accepting an SD card clear back to the e200v2 series will accept and read any size card up to and including the maximum of 32GB.

I believe his second question may have been in reference to incompatibility issues with certain BRANDS of cards, not capacities.

According to the release notes in the first post, this problem has been fixed. (I can’t personally confirm this, as all my cards are made by Sandisk.)

I have a jukebox iRiver player with a 60GB hard drive and Rockbox (a much earlier version) on it, and it has no problem with my 50GB+ of music, encoded as MP3 files at 212 kbps VBR. (I don’t know the number of files that that is, off-hand, but it is more than an 8GB Clip+/Clip Zip with 32GB microSD card could handle.)

@miikerman wrote:
I have a jukebox iRiver player with a 60GB hard drive and Rockbox (a much earlier version) on it, and it has no problem with my 50GB+ of music, encoded as MP3 files at 212 kbps VBR. (I don’t know the number of files that that is, off-hand, but it is more than an 8GB Clip+/Clip Zip with 32GB microSD card could handle.)

Why haven’t you updated the Rockbox on it?

Tnx TapeWorm for the response,

Now my request is to the developers out there, (I hope they see this thread:wink:)

Please if possible try to work on something competing to the iPod, I am mainly reffering to the software, it should be capable to read as much file as I want…

What can I do with a so called “Official Number” this is nothing more like you are telling me to load my sansa player without filnames or tags only track #…

To be honost, if you are able to demonstrate a player like this, you’'l beat off the iPod usage in no time!

I am also asking from the other Sansa User to please join my request with thanks in advance

@gwk1967 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@tnmats wrote:

I believe his second question may have been in reference to incompatibility issues with certain BRANDS of cards, not capacities.

According to the release notes in the first post, this problem has been fixed. (I can’t personally confirm this, as all my cards are made by Sandisk.)

Yup, that’s what I meant, not the capacity  of a card, just the issue of some cards not working while others did.  I saw this same issue years ago with USB sticks and a Tektronix signal generator we had in the lab.  Tek (upon request) gave me a list of what sticks worked.  For example, one Sandisk 2GB we had in the lab worked, an older 1GB didn’t.  Tek (finally) released a FW update that fixed the issue and was hoping this FW release from Sandisk did the same.

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player, but…
My SDHC card is not “fully” recognized.
My Zip see it, but can’t see data (already FAT formatted with WinXP, Linux, or with the embedded Clip Zip firmware).
When this SDHC Card is on player, i can see it in my computer ; in clip zip settings, i see it also (with correct capacity and free space), but card appears as empty when tring to read my music from it (only in the clip zip).
Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)
Is there a tip for have it recognized ?

@tomcatmeow wrote:

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player,

Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)

Naughty, naughty, you just landed yourself in the dog house.  Santa may just come and take the gift back.  :wink:

You might try a format of the card using the SD Association’s Formatter tool, which sometimes can help.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/