sansa clip+ shows only earphones on welcome screen

ordered the blue for christmas, when the first didnt work the store agreed to replace it but the second does exactly the same thing.  I cannot access the menu or any function, nor listen to music all I can get is earphone icon and to right of that music and forward arrow sign.  No amount of resetting it as advised on this forum makes a difference…  surely two cant suffer the same problem?  thats when I think it must be something I am doing wrong. 

I am running xp sp3 and windows media 10 and it shows up in my computer no probs.  2 dud ones? please someone help me out.  I bought a slip cover already so want it to work!

Thanks…:dizzy_face:

Have you read the User’s Manual? You can find it here.

Remember, as you’re scrolling around pressing left & right buttons, etc. to select a feature or function you have to press the square center button.

I’m not sure where you are on your player, but you might try pressing the small 1 o’clock home button, and then the 6 o’clock down button to go through the various menus–and then the 3 o’clock button to enter the menus, down again (or up) to scroll through options, etc.

You also could give Customer Service a phone call (free) for a walk-through.  And, of course, the manual is a good starting point.

SanDisk Customer Service in the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

@miikerman wrote:

I’m not sure where you are on your player, but you might try pressing the small 1 o’clock home button, and then the 6 o’clock down button to go through the various menus–and then the 3 o’clock button to enter the menus, down again (or up) to scroll through options, etc.

You also could give Customer Service a phone call (free) for a walk-through.  And, of course, the manual is a good starting point.

SanDisk Customer Service in the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

I pressed all those buttons.  Over and over again. The clock still doesn’t show up! 

My clip+ must not be working right. :cry:

Umm, there is no clock …  By the references to a “clock,” I was referring to the buttons on the face of the Clip and their locations as if on a clock.  The standard way people refer to the buttons.  Sorry for any confusion–

peel off the sticker that looks like a screen. you will be in ah.

@miikerman wrote:

Umm, there is no clock …  By the references to a “clock,” I was referring to the buttons on the face of the Clip and their locations as if on a clock.  The standard way people refer to the buttons.  Sorry for any confusion–

Oh!..my old fuze had a clock.  I thought the clip+ had one too! :dizzy_face:

;)     

I am having the exact same problem.  MP3 will not navigate at all.  It only shows the earphones and says “Music >”.  Please help.  Thanks!!!

And have you used the right, and then the up/down, buttons, to try to navigate?

The player hasn’t been put into hold by any chance, has it?

And have you used the right, and then the up/down, buttons, to try to navigate?

The player hasn’t been locked/put into hold by any chance, has it?  To unlock, press and hold the small home button down until the screen notes the unlock.

When locked, the Clip+ will give a message on the screen (with the locked icon) any time a key is pressed.  Starting from the headphones icon, let’s have a look.First, is the headphone icon animated, with with wee (( )) emeanating from the speakers?  If not, the device is frozen.  Press and hold the top power button for 20 seconds, release, then try powering up again.

From the Music menu option, the >|| button at the top, the >>|  button on the right, and the submenu button at the bottom should all elicit a response, with the right button bringing you to the music menu options.  The upper and lower buttons will navigate, starting with the upper one, to Rhapspdy Channels (If you are running Rhapsody), or to Settings; the down button will take you to the microSD choice, which changes to SlotRadio if there’s no card (or a basic microSD/HC mounted), or SlotMusic with an SM card installed.

Try resetting the device first, and let us know what happens.

Edit- I just scrolled through the replies, and there was a good idea hidden there. From the Music “headphones” icon, pressing either the right side (of the square button assembly) or the center button as suggested will take you to the main Music screen.  Music and the battery charge indicator will move to the top display line, in yellow.  From this menu, you can scroll down to Play All / Recently Added / Artists / Albums / Songs / Genres.

Bob  :wink: 

Thank YOU!  I am a 74 -year-old “newbie” and this is my first mp3 player.  I CAN read and I reread that manual over and over…  I probably will have blisters on my fingers from pressing the “home” and “reset” and “on” and “off” buttons, etc., etc. 

Since I could see the headphones and music icons grow brighter and dimmer as I turned the player on and off, It never occurred to me that one tiny section of the face of this device would be covered up to the point that it was invisible!

I think this point should be mentioned in the FAQ or somewhere else in the manual—preferably in the Quick Start Up Guide!

Thanks again, musik.

@luluru wrote:

Since I could see the headphones and music icons grow brighter and dimmer as I turned the player on and off, It never occurred to me that one tiny section of the face of this device would be covered up to the point that it was invisible!

Huh? Can you describe this a little better? From your description, it sounds like you may have a bad OLED screen on your player which would mean you should get it replaced. If you have access to a image-hosting site and a camera, maybe you could post a picture and let us see what you’re talking about.

You can’t just post pictures on the forum here; you have to upload the image to a website and post a link to it here.

Another case of the Clip original screen protective sticker, straight from the manufacturer, needing to be removed prior to use!    :slight_smile:

I came looking here because I was having the same problem…yup, there’s a sticker on my screen…nowhere do they tell you that and it’s not really that easy to see…lol.  I got a big kick out of all the experts here trying to over analyze the problem.

LOL–or a new user not taking off the screen protector sticker . . . . :wink:

THIS IS AN EASY FIX!!!  At least it was for me after about an hour of frustration.  WHEN SHIPPED, THE SANSA CLIP+ HAS A PROTECTIVE STICKER ON THE PLAYER’S SCREEN.  THE PROTECTIVE STICKER IS NOT COMPLETELY SEE-THROUGH!!  You must peel it off to see the menus appearing on the screen’s player.  Not sure why someone decided that a semi-transparent sticker was the way to go but …  Hope this saves countless souls from wasting an hour or two of their lives trying to figure out why (they think) the player does not work.

You are a God. What an idiotic mistake for Sansa to put an opaque sticker on there and not tell the user!

@finnlisa wrote:

You are a God. What an idiotic mistake for Sansa to put an opaque sticker on there and not tell the user!

I guess SanDisk isn’t the only idiot out there then, because this ahs been done by just about every manufactuer that makes something with a highly polished surfachaor view screen that could be scratched duriing assembly and/or packaging/shipping for years.

Here’s a clue . . . if you see the Music menu on the screen of an mp3 player while it’s still iin the retail package, you can pretty much asume the unit is not powered on, so therefore what you are seeing is a sticker that must be peeled off prior to using it.