Sansa Clip Recording

Hi everyone,

I’ve been recording with my sansa clip, but the files that it records are very large… I need recording for up to 2.5 hours (about 300-400 mb) for some lectures. Is it possible to change the format of the recording. Or does anyone know of an MP3 Player with recording on smaller formats. My old MP4 does also record on a seemingly wav format… but the recordings are much smaller.

Thanks in Advance,

Ed. 

i do know that you cant change the formats of the recordings.

You can’t change the bitrate of the recording.  It records in raw wave format at 768 Kbits/s for radio and half that for voice (voice is mono.)  Sandisk doesn’t have the rights to encode in mp3 on the player only to play back mp3’s.  :frowning:

If you wanna transfer the recording to a computer and make it smaller then transfer back I can give you some options but otherwise you’ll just have to have the necessary space available on the player.

Also 2.5 hours of recording on the player is a bit under 422 MB to be exact!

Thank you chris for the accurate measurement :)… I didn’t do my tests rigorously.

Yes I’d like to know what options I can use to make the recording size smaller… I’ve converted the recording to mp3 with cool edit pro it goes down to like 18Mb.

Thank y’all

Ed.

Don’t forget there’s DBPowerAmp.  It’s a really good and really reliable program free for dl off of download.com!

afflictedd2 wrote:

Or does anyone know of an MP3 Player with recording on smaller formats.

Some of the Cowon iAudio players record directly to MP3.  I’m sure there are others.

chris1207 wrote:
Don’t forget there’s DBPowerAmp.  It’s a really good and really reliable program free for dl off of download.com!

Hmmmm…I have to check this out. I downloaded Total Audio Converter- and it’s a GREAT program Converts between virtually all audio formats…changes bit rate, etc. and is SO easy and intuitive to use)- but after 30 days you have to pay $20 for it. (Which I may just do, as it is well worth it…but on the other hand, if the mentioned above does what I need it to for free…)

DBPowerAmp is highly recommended. Easy and almost transparent to use.