Sansa clip not recognized by car stereo

Has anyone else had problems with their car stereo not recognizing the Sansa clip?  This is a brand new unit and so far I’m not too impressed!  Between this problem and the battery not charging I’m tempted to return the unit.  My old Sandisk MP3 player worked much better.

Any hints out there? 

@islandgirl wrote:

Has anyone else had problems with their car stereo not recognizing the Sansa clip?  This is a brand new unit and so far I’m not too impressed!  Between this problem and the battery not charging I’m tempted to return the unit.  My old Sandisk MP3 player worked much better.

Any hints out there? 

To work with the car stereo you probably need to switch it to MSC mode from the settings. As for not charging I would return it for a new one, you may have gotten a defective player. 

Tried changing the mode between MSC and MTP, still not recognizing the clip.  I’ve just about given up trying to connec this thing.  Any other hints out there?

try putting your songs in the root, instead of in the music folder, while in MSC mode.

Assume you’re trying to connect via USB?  You also can just connect the audio out from your Clip to an auxiliary in on your car stereo, if it has one.  Of course, you also could use a car caseete adapter (again, if your car stereo has a cassette player) or using an FM radio transmitter.