Sansa Clip+ not recognized by Audi music interface

Hi,

I’m trying to connect my Sansa Clip to my cars (Audi A4, 2010 model) music interface. My Sansa Clip Says that it’s connected and the battery starts to load, but my cars music interface doesn’t recognize the mp3 device. Do anyone have an idea what can be the problem?

The Audi music interface manual says that there is a limitation to mp3’s with ‘USB Device Subclass 1, 2 and 6’. Could that perhaps be the problem, what “subclass” do Sansa Clip+ have?

/Olle  

Probably need to switch the player to MSC mode (Settings > System Setings > USB Mode) so your car’s stereo system sees it as a ‘dumb’ storage device (like a memory stick or thumb drive).

Thanks for your answer and your quick response!  Your answer solved my initial problem. Now the car’s music interface recognizes my Sansa Clip, but now the problem is that it can’t find any playable files. :frowning: I notice the same “phenomena” when trying to find music files via my computer, when having MSC set it’s not possible to see any files. I have both .wma and .mp3 files on the Sansa Clip.

Is there a way to solve this as well? :slight_smile:

BR,

Olle

Some car or home stereos might require the mp3 files to be in the root, while others might also see files with one level of nesting(ie files that are in a folder that is in the root). I am guessing that your mp3 files probably have at least  2 levels of nesting, ie music>artist>song.

I also assume your files are mp3 files, as many car or home stereos only support mp3,  and not WMA , flac, or other formats

@olle wrote:

Thanks for your answer and your quick response!  Your answer solved my initial problem. Now the car’s music interface recognizes my Sansa Clip, but now the problem is that it can’t find any playable files. :frowning: I notice the same “phenomena” when trying to find music files via my computer, when having MSC set it’s not possible to see any files. I have both .wma and .mp3 files on the Sansa Clip.

Your computer cannot see or access files that were transferred in MTP mode while connected in MSC, and vice versa. It may be a similar situation with your care’s stereo system. You may have to delete all the files (formattiing whould be the quickest way to do this) and re-transfer them to your player in MSC mode.

Thx for your answer!  

@tapeworm wrote:

@olle wrote:

Your computer cannot see or access files that were transferred in MTP mode while connected in MSC, and vice versa. It may be a similar situation with your care’s stereo system. You may have to delete all the files (formattiing whould be the quickest way to do this) and re-transfer them to your player in MSC mode.

Thanks! This solved my issue…