I was happy with my black Sansa Clip+ until I lost it two months ago. So I bought another one, a white one. But this is another story. Therefore, let’s start again. I was happy with my white Sansa Clip+ until it started not starting anymore. It was last week.
The way it doesn’t start is in starting again and again repeatedly. The animated start screen is displayed indefinitely, and the device doesn’t boot further. I really like this little animation by the way. Liked.
For a more precise idea of the issue, I made you a video:
I tried :
- Resetting it by pressing the Power button a large amount of seconds;
- Waiting until there’s no more battery at all and plug it in again;
- Plugging it to a Linux computer. Plugging it to a Macintosh computer. Both doesn’t mount it;
- Running lsusb on Linux in order to see what is plugged, even if not mounted. It doesn’t appear there;
- Singing to it. It doesn’t seem to make a difference;
I think that the filesystem and/or the firmware is broken, corrupted, damaged, collapsed. I plan to properly reformat the volume and reinstall the firmware. But I need it - if not to be mounted - at least to be seen by a computer.
How can I do this?
I’m sinking into despair