Sansa Clip downloading books

while I have successfully downloaded a book to my computer I cannot open it in the MP3.  the message says window (XP) does not recognize the .opd format.

Has anyone experienced this and do you have the fix?  Thanks

Where is the audiobook from?  I don’t recognize the extension.  Is this an Omnipage (scan) file?  It may not be an audio file.

µsansa

I regularly download audiobooks from my local library. There should be an option to use Overdrive. This system “takes over” the process. I think the .opd extension belongs to Overdrive. If you downloaded your book from your library you’ll find a link to download the correct software. Once you’ve installed it, everything becomes pretty much automatic from then on.

One pointer… when moving the book from your computer to the Clip, Overdrive will try (by default) to put the book into a music direstory. Use the Advanced option and force the book into the Clip’s Audiobook directory. There are lots of posts on this site about this.

Once you’ve done this a couple of times, it’s pretty easy. The Clip is a great audiobook player. Overdrive is your friend. It’ll load MP3 or WMA books very nicely.

With Overdrive, I believe the extension is odm.  To transfer these books to your Sansa, they need to be transferred in MTP mode using the Overdrive Media Console.  When the odm file is run through the Console, the application will send the audiobook to your device.

µsansa

I use overdrive and NetLibrary Media center.  The WMA format books download just fine but the mp3 format books download but when I go to play them, the player just cycles through the sections in an infinite loop.  It won’t play them no matter what I try.

I tried downloading in MTP mode using Overdrive.  The same thing happened.  What now?

What did you do to get mp3 books using overdrive.  Mine loads the file but just cycles through the sections even when I download in MTP mode.

@lroller wrote:

I use overdrive and NetLibrary Media center.  The WMA format books download just fine but the mp3 format books download but when I go to play them, the player just cycles through the sections in an infinite loop.  It won’t play them no matter what I try.

Connect the Sansa to your computer and look for those books on the Sansa. Right click on the book and see if under Type of File it says MP3 indeed or just “File”.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Will-the-clip-1-02-15A-play-audiobook-mp3-format-I-can-t-get/m-p/220876/highlight/true#M35060