Sansa clip colour issue

At the sansa homepage the only colour of 4Gb Sansa clip that sold is Silver.

At our local store i have found Sansa clip 4Gb Black colour.

Is this could be something suspisios and not original or there is any difference between the 2 colours.

Silver was the only color for the 4 gig for awhile.    They do offer a black version now,  in 4 gig.   also a new 8gig in black.     Black is better :slight_smile: ^_^     Because it’s the color I bought :slight_smile:

They do come in black and silver. CAUTION: The silver ones have a tinted coating on the whole front, including the scfreen, which makes it impossible to see in bright light- while the black one has the normal face with clear screen over the display. If you plan on using your Clip[ outdoors at all in the daytime…go for the black one.

The Clip has been produced in either color (I like the English “colour”), depending on the marketing area.

The Fuze 8GB was initially available in silver in the US, until the German black ones appeared.  Today, both are available.

I wouldn’t think it to be a counterfeit device (well, unless it’s spelled “Snasa” on the front).

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you very much.

Is there any hardware difference between the 2 colours ?

No difference in hardware, just the color of the plastic case. :slight_smile:

@niko_sama wrote:

No difference in hardware, just the color of the plastic case. :slight_smile:

…and the harder-to-see display on the silver 4GB (I believe that that is NOT the case with the silver 8GB though- as only the 4GB has the mirror-finish faux one-piece-look front panel…I think)

Look through the older posts on this board, OP- there have been lots of discussions about the silver 4GB. But the hardware is all the same, and they all sound great.

*laughs*   NOOO  don’t even think of the silver,  black is better !  >.<  plus it doesn’t show the finger prints.    Why Sansa chose silver for their top end models still mystifies me .    I’m glad black is available NOW     LOL. :slight_smile:

Yeah, Niko. Personally, I think silver looks very cheap. I’m not crazy about the black either. Why don’t they make these things in nice colors, like the iPuds? (The horrible colors they offer is probably hurting their sales).

I have the red 2GB…and I don’t even like red…it was just the least horrible of the choices. (The pink ones make me heave!)

I bought a pink 2G, by request from a relative, who had to have the pink.    Even though for 10 dollars more i could have got her a nice 4G black.      *Slaps her*  LOL.    to her she didn’t care about having twice the space.   She just wanted the color :S     I still think she would have liked the black one.      My first clip was a Red clip from two black fridays ago.   I used it till I gave it away and got a black model 2G.   They all work the same.    

The red and blue look much better IRL than in the Sansa web pictures. And the silver Fuze does too…I haven’t seen a silver Clip in person though. My Fuze is blue and my Clip is red, and they’re both dead sexy :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:
The red and blue look much better IRL than in the Sansa web pictures. And the silver Fuze does too…I haven’t seen a silver Clip in person though. My Fuze is blue and my Clip is red, and they’re both dead sexy :wink:

That’s very true! I had never seen a Clip in person, an neither the red nor the blue look that great in the various pics on the web. I was pleasantly surprised when my red one arrived though- it was much nicer in person- and it made me wonder if i shouldn’t have ordered the blue…which probably looks better than in the photos also.