4gb Clip now in black?

I saw this on Best Buy’s web site:

SanDisk - Sansa Clip 4GB* MP3 Player - Black - SDMX11R-004GK-A46B

They’re out of stock and could find no other retailer, including Sandisk’s web store, that has the 4gb Clip in black.  Is

this a Best Buy only color?   I wonder if being black helps with reading the display in sunlight.

Glad to see its being relesed in black (my prefered color).  I never did like the silver.  It makes it look too cheap.

I took the plunge when buy.com had the 4Gb silver Clip on sale for $50.  I love it.  I too thought it looked “cheap” in all the pictures I saw of it online, but really couldn’t pass up the deal.  In person the Silver Clip is not a shiny, bright silver that screams cheap to me.  It has more of a charcoal or graphite silver color to it.  The black probably would have been my preference, but how do you pass up a $50 4Gb clip?  :smiley:

I was looking at a 4GB clip in a store the other day.  I think it looks really nice in the original silver, and my 2GB looks good in black too.  Can’t go wrong with either color, IMO.

billf wrote:
I took the plunge when buy.com had the 4Gb silver Clip on sale for $50.  I love it.  I too thought it looked “cheap” in all the pictures I saw of it online, but really couldn’t pass up the deal.  In person the Silver Clip is not a shiny, bright silver that screams cheap to me.  It has more of a charcoal or graphite silver color to it.  The black probably would have been my preference, but how do you pass up a $50 4Gb clip?  :smiley:

I agree with billf.  I paid $61 shipped for mine through ANTOnline, Buy.com, and a Google Checkout $10 discount.  Besides, if you don’t like how it looks, get a silicone skin like I did.

All the best,

Brad

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 09-23-2008 04:10 PM

Amazon was selling black 4 GB Clip last week at $40. Other colors were $10 more. I ordered black, and it is working fine.

@stepk wrote:
Amazon was selling black 4 GB Clip last week at $40. Other colors were $10 more. I ordered black, and it is working fine.

Really?  I just checked and didn’t see any “multiple color choices” for the 4Gb Clips at Amazon.  I did see the 2Gb Clips in many color choices.  The only 4Gb version was the Silver one.

I prefer black, but the silver does indeed look much nicer in person than in photos.

At the price, it’s hard to go wrong.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

That was actually the black 2 GB Clip they had for $40 with the color ones being $10 more.  That price was only available for a week.  Now all the 2 GB clips are the same price.  Amazon still only list the silver 4 GB Clip.

omg!! just bought my silver one because i thought there was no black :frowning: hate!

o well i can live with it looks much better than i thought still.