4GBs BF Best Buy $35

I’m content with my 2GB, but thought some of you might like to know… it’s the best BF clip deal I’ve seen thus far.

I want to move up to a 4…the 8’s too pricey though. :stuck_out_tongue:

especially as $36 more can get you a 4G nano.

@hakujin wrote:
especially as $36 more can get you a 4G nano.

I have zero interest in one of those :stuck_out_tongue:

Neither do I, but for price comparison reasons, it is relevant. An 8GB Clip at or near the price of an 8G 4G Nano does not compute. :wink:

This is a great Clip deal and is available now (Thursday), on-line–no need to wait for Black Friday lines (and exhausted supply).

Picked up a black 4GB unit…didn’t know black was out there in 4GB (is it a lower-capacity version of the 8GB unit?).  Also, on the BB website, the picture of the black unit has an interesting icon next to the battery meter.

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 11-28-2008 08:40 AM

I was thinking about picking one of these up and selling my 2GB for relatively the same price. Does anyone know if these are the same 4GB with sun glare/brightness issues?

I’m assuming the silver units are the same as always.  Looking at the black and silver side by side, I wonder if the black is better outside…

-Matt

@sansamatt wrote:

Picked up a black 4GB unit…didn’t know black was out there in 4GB (is it a lower-capacity version of the 8GB unit?).  Also, on the BB website, the picture of the black unit has an interesting icon next to the battery meter.

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 11-28-2008 08:40 AM

If I’m not mistaken, the “interesting icon” you referenced has to do with the Rhapsody music program. I have on it my 2GB, which I purchased at Best Buy, but not on my 4GB, which I purchased elsewhere.

@scclip wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, the “interesting icon” you referenced has to do with the Rhapsody music program. I have on it my 2GB, which I purchased at Best Buy, but not on my 4GB, which I purchased elsewhere.

Ah, thanks.  I’m beginning to sense that some of the minor cosmetic differences…including the “new” color…are maybe due to a model specifically designed for BestBuy.  I’d assumed these were models being cleared out for new inventory…but maybe not.

-Matt

Well, I got the 4GB one… couldn’t resist at that price and there was no shortage in store, though they seemed to only have one black one left, and the rest were silver… gonna wait and see if I can sell my 2GB before really putting it to use. It’s not a worthwhile upgrade for me for more than $5-10 difference.

Anyone have a 4GB that care to look at the system info and tell me how much memory that have. My 2GB only loses 49MB of storage between the firmware and the way that capacity is advertised (i.e. decimal system). But my 4GB loses 256MB… how does that work? I would think it’d be more like 1/2 that lost.

Message Edited by hakujin on 11-29-2008 09:13 AM

Mine also reports a 3744MB total storage. I’m going to bet that the way the math turns out, the larger the amount of storage the more that the 1024 vs 1000 thing throws it off. Like my 120gb HD reports 111.7GB, thats a loss of 8.3GB. If you lost 49MB with 2GB, for a 120gb HD you would do 49MB x 60 which is only 2940MB, and is no where near the actual loss of 8300MB. It grows exponentially. Hope this answers the question, and doesn’t confuse you more.

EDIT: I also picked up my black 4GB Clip at Best Buy on Black Friday. It was a great deal and I love the little device!

Message Edited by Hostile on 11-29-2008 08:30 PM

@hakujin wrote:
Anyone have a 4GB that care to look at the system info and tell me how much memory that have. My 2GB only loses 49MB of storage between the firmware and the way that capacity is advertised (i.e. decimal system). But my 4GB loses 256MB… how does that work? I would think it’d be more like 1/2 that lost.

See this thead about the 4GB version’s usable capacity: 4GB, 8GB - How much of that is usable space?

In short, it’s 3,880 MiB or 3.79 GiB.

Of course… that was rather shortsighted of me. Thanks for your help! I very much like the new 4GB all black too.