Sansa Clip - Accessible by Desktop but DEAD

Hello everybody, my sansa clip just died!
Althoug the desktop recognizes the equipment and i can access/copy/upload stuff it wont turn on anymore.

At the begginig i had some issues with it, i had to reset to factory settings about3 to 4 times in 1 week but than it worked fine for eight years and it still woked super fine the past times i used it…i mean past week

Than it just dont turn on anymore…just stoped working…

Is there any thing i can do to try to fix it or is time to let him go?

I just love this small little fellow, it is a wonderful device.

info: once conected to the PC it shows battery level of almost 90% and i remember to let him to charge the night before it died so it means it has charge…

Can someone give me a hint? (push POWER+HOME:   does not work)

thank you all

Sounds like your battery is shot. You would have to replace the battery if you want to keep using this player. OEM batteries are about $20 on eBay, aftermarket batteries are about $6. If you’re not technically inclined, then sell this player on eBay and buy another one that has good battery life. I’ve seen them go for about $30-40 used.

I love my sansa clips to the point that I bought 3 about 1-4 years ago so I would have backups when I wore out the other 4-5 my husband and I share. We listen to audio books everywhere. Now the older ones are really getting loose connections when you insert earphones, so they are frustrating. The ones I bought as backup will not turn on. I plug them into my Lenovo l0 + machine, They light up momentarily and then go dark. I tried to hold down the power button for l0 seconds and nothing works. I can’t get to settings and I can’t get any new firmware updates because the link they sent with the manual is non existent. So I sit here with a purple one, gray one and a wine colored sansa, hoping for miracles. I can’t see buying a 20 dollar battery for a player I only spent about 29.00 for.

They own a niche market here in Clip-land. I wish they would capitalize on it.

Got a generic once when I was super poor and it worked like a generic. For a short time.

I HATE dragging a huge dumb-smart-phone around with me for walks. Was forced to upgrade (a downgrade, but beggars can’t be choosers) and the phone is ginormous. Doesn’t fit in any pocket, and if it does, it pulls my shorts down. Not even in winter can I move outdoors with music/audiobooks, using phone. Jacket pockets are sketch angles and/or too small.

And so Sansa Clip+ wins, hands down.

(and now it just froze. I think part of my heart just died.)