Sansa Clip 2gb does nothing after just 6 months

I have a 6 month old 2 gb clip

First the screen went, I could play all my music but could not navigate

Second the music went , I could still listen to the radio

Third the power went and will not boot up or play

I have downloaded firmware till I can not see straight

I have read the message boards till I’m cross eyed

I have sent emails to Sansa support but get nothing but “form” emails

Does anyone know what else I can do w/this clip besides throw it away & get a Sony

Thanks for letting me rant a while !!!

Try calling them. That’s always better than email.

Technical support contact info

6 months,  wow, yours lasted 2 months longer than mine

We bought 3 clips for Christmas of '08 as of June '09 they are no longer working. Mine which is a 4gb clip went completely bonkers. It wont delete anything I have on it, it wont turn on unless plugged in to a wall socket then it immediately becomes hot. It’s a total pos. My mother’s 2gb clip works great except the volume is forever stuck on zero so you have to be a dog to actually use it for what you purchased it for. My aunts is stuck on searching so you can rapidly read what music she likes but you can’t listen to it. I strongly recommend not wasting your money on it. My husband has had  the sony walkman for almost a year and is completely satisfied with it.   

Moxie, reload the firmware on your players. Download the latest firmware.  Push the power button down to the locked position. Connect the player to your pc while holding down the center button. Keep holding the button until the pc recognizes the player. Next reload the firmware.

How does one do that. Will the updater show download option if device is already up to date. Where can you get latest firmware (or any rev. for that matter) so you can do a manual install. Of the files on the clip, which one is the firmware, I don’t see any .bin files. I haven’t tried the updater, my firmware seems to be latest, V02.01.32A.

@dave61430 wrote:
How does one do that. Will the updater show download option if device is already up to date. Where can you get latest firmware (or any rev. for that matter) so you can do a manual install. Of the files on the clip, which one is the firmware, I don’t see any .bin files. I haven’t tried the updater, my firmware seems to be latest, V02.01.32A.

First of all, uninstall the Sansa Updater. Second,for the firmware files, look here