I need help to get my Sansa Clip+ Operational

I bought my Sansa Clip+ this Christmas and a few days ago the Clip just stopped working while i was listening to music. After that i couldn’t even turn it on. I also try to reset the device but without success.

Eventually (don’t ask me how) i managed to turn the device on but it got stuck in the Sansa logo. I tried to connect the device to my laptop but the device wasn’t recognized. I try to use the techniques in FAQ of Sansa website about this problem but obtained no results.

Desperate i formatted my sansa clip using windows with the settings that are in the image. Now i can’t get to work either.

I searched in the forum for an explicit solution to this problem but i didn’t found one. Can somebody please tell me what i have to do in order to get my sansa clip rocking again?

Will your Clip turn on now, with or without a reset (hold the on button down for 15-30 seconds)?  Can you reformat under the Clip’s settings (rather than via your computer)?

No the clips doesn’t turn on now (wih and without a reset). So i can’t format the Clip “under the clip” settings.

My clip is dead to world. I want to know if there is something that i can do to make him work again.

@l56859 wrote:

No the clips doesn’t turn on now (wih and without a reset). So i can’t format the Clip “under the clip” settings.

My clip is dead to world. I want to know if there is something that i can do to make him work again.

Hook it up to your computer again, like in your screenshot, and do a manual firmware install… that might do the trick.

I tried to do a manual firmware install (i copied the clppa.bin to the root directory of the Clip) but obtained no results either. After i disconnect the clip fro the USB port it doesn’t begin to do the firmware install. I also tried to hold the power button for 30 seconds and nothing happen. Same thing for the center button in the clip and center button simultaneously with power button. Does anyone have more suggestions? I’m beginning to feel desperate because my Clip is only a flash drive at the moment :\

These instructions were from the Sansa Mod Team on the all others thread which thread seems dead?  I am posting here because I saw a human had answered a question and hope that that person will simply correct the instructions given on the c200 version 2 thread?  Please I feel sure you have the correct instructions.  What does it mean when you mention rerelease of the record button but you never mention pushing or manipulating the record button?  Thank you for any help.  I posted on the c200 version 2 thread but no one is assigned that duty evidently.  Thanks again.  Help

If you do not have a v2, do NOT upgrade your firmware to this version! This could render your player useless! Download the firmware by clicking on the links below. Be sure to select the region you are in for full compatibility. -------------- AMERICAS & PACIFIC REGION - 3.02.05a for Americas EUROPE (No FM) - 3.02.05e for Europe without FM EUROPE (FM) - 3.02.05f for Europe with FM ----------------- The install the firmware, we will first need to put the device in MSC mode. If needed, we can force MSC mode. To force the c200v2 in to MSC mode

1. Make sure the player is off (if necessary, hold down the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off)

2. Move the hold switch to ON (move to the right towards the record button).

3. Hold the rewind button (Left Key)

4. Connect the player to the computer.

5. Keep holding the rewind button till the “Sansa C200 (E)*” comes up, then realease the record button. If the removable disk does not automatically launch, open “My Computer” and check for any additional drives.

6. Now you should have a Sansa C200 with a drive letter assigned to it. Simply download the 2 attached files, then put them onto the removable disk (via drag-and-drop, or copy-and-paste).

7. Once that’s done, turn off the hold switch, then unplug the player. Check if the firmware is udpated. *Actual drive letter may vary

Can you connect to your computer and then run a chkdsk on it, to see if there is a drive error on the Clip and try to fix it?  (Right click on the Clip drive, Properties, Tools, Error-checking.) 

Larry007a I tried to do as you say (making the necessary adaptations to clip+) and a strange thing happens. I connect the clip+ to the usb port holding the center button (which enables the msc mode), and my laptop doesn’t recognize the device.

However if i connect the clip to the usb port holding the power button he recognizes the device as a removable driver.

Nigerian, I tried to run a checkdisc but unfortunately no errors were detected. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

@larry007a wrote:

These instructions were from the Sansa Mod Team on the all others thread which thread seems dead?  I am posting here because I saw a human had answered a question and hope that that person will simply correct the instructions given on the c200 version 2 thread?  Please I feel sure you have the correct instructions.  What does it mean when you mention rerelease of the record button but you never mention pushing or manipulating the record button?  Thank you for any help.  I posted on the c200 version 2 thread but no one is assigned that duty evidently.  Thanks again.  Help

I answered you in the other board . . . #5 in the instructions has a ‘typo’ that’s all.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/c200-version2-Latest-Firmware-Installation-Instructions-03-02-05/m-p/222484#M3952

It should read “REW” button, not “REC” button. The REC button is used for v1 models, and is totally irrelevant to the Clip+ and this thread.

Well, I’ve refrained from saying this, but: 

I might telephone SanDisk Customer Service about this–they may be able to walk you through some things there, and you might need a warranty replacement (which SanDisk is good about).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

The good news is:  you have a minimum of a 1-year warranty …