Sansa and computer = cat and mouse

Sometimes it’s windows, sometimes is the Fuze.

I’ve updated my Windows Media, and this happens on every computer. What happens is actually funny if you are here. Recently, it’s gotten worse, to the fact that just plugging the cable in makes windows think that a device is there 0.o

Anyway, last night, and I can’t even get it to go this far, if I unplugged it and reset it enough, it would go into it’s black “connected” screen, but windows didn’t think anything was there. Other times, windows thought something was there, but the Fuze never went into it’s little screen. Windows just made a disconnect noise and a connnect noise in that order, like just now as I’m writing this. Now another disconnect. Now another reconnect. I really want to mute this.

I can’t upgrade the firmware because, well, it won’t connect. I did look, and theres some greenish ■■■■ in the connector on the Sansa side of the cable. I’ve tooth-brushed it out, but that didn’t work. Today, I can’t even get the Fuze to even say “Connected”. It’s in MTP mode, but I’ve tried Auto and MSC mode with similar results.

Thanks! 

@vistro wrote:

I did look, and theres some greenish ■■■■ in the connector on the Sansa side of the cable. I’ve tooth-brushed it out, but that didn’t work. Today, I can’t even get the Fuze to even say “Connected”. It’s in MTP mode, but I’ve tried Auto and MSC mode with similar results.

Thanks! 

:smileyvery-happy: Where’d that came from? Uhhmm… No, I don’t think I wanna to know.

Try plugging it to the back USB port if you are using a desktop computer. This provides sufficient power, compared to those at the front. Make sure the Sansa Fuze’s cable port is also squeeky clean! :wink:

I did all of that. Was that green stuff rust?

Then its either the USB cable or the device itself causing it. Try using another cable to isolate it.

If it is the mp3 player’s USB port, I would recommend checking with SanDisk for its warranty. Pins might not be connecting properly (data/power pins) or damaged. 

I’m on the phone with SanDisk now. They are *sniff* replacing my friend.