SanDisk Ultra 32 GB - All Files are gone & can not format

Hi, 1 month ago I bought a sandisk 32 gb ultra vd card for my galaxy tablet.

Yesterday all of a sudden all the files are gone, and my tablet can not reach the files in the card.

when I plug my card to a windows device, I can see the letter and the drive assigned by the windows, but I can not access the files nor format the card.

any ideas?

thanks

robert

Contact SanDisk Tech Supoort/Customer Service for help or possible warranty replacement.

does it mean that my sd card is gone?

right now I am travelling in central america.

I need to know my options

Bummer. :cry:

If it were me, I’d just buy another card where you at, and deal with this one with SanDisk when you return home. They probably won’t issue a refund as you bought it not through them directly, but rather through a retailer so you may end up with 2 cards, but you can always find a use for the replacement one down the road. I wouldn’t let it hinder me from enjoying my trip now though.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Hey,

Thanks for the respond.

This what I need to know exactly. If my card is gone or not!

I had all my information on the disk where I am spending a lot of time searching for a solution on the internet.

Till now, all remained unsuccessful.

My data is more valueable then the price of a second card right now.

If your data is that valuable, you should have backed it up to another device…

Unfortunately, solid state devices usually lose everything in an instant with crashola, thus the need for a backups…

I have personally lost 3 out of the 5 SSD’s I have owned in the last 2 years (only one was a Sandisk), so I am well aware of backup, backup, backup, you don’t and it is like driving without insurance, ok fine until you have an accident…

If the data is that important there are companies that might be able to get some of the information, albeit at a very high cost…

Good luck…

@derby78 wrote:

Hey,

Thanks for the respond.

This what I need to know exactly. If my card is gone or not!

I had all my information on the disk where I am spending a lot of time searching for a solution on the internet.

Till now, all remained unsuccessful.

My data is more valueable then the price of a second card right now.

I realize that, but it’s questionable whether the data is recoverable or not. A professional recovery service may be needed, and even then there is no guarantee on 100% file recovery.

So at this point, I would assume it is not recoverable, and since you are away from home this is why I recommended buying a new card so you have portable storage for the remainder of your trip. You can explore recovery options and associated costs when you get back home.

Sorry; wish I had a better suggestion or solution for you but I don’t.