SanDisk Ultra 16GB quit, tried to reformat and now I can't do it

So I bought this card looking to shoot some footage for an out of town trip, recorded a good amount then the card just stops recording altogether and says memory card error disk not formatted or something along the lines of that. I get home, first thing I do is use my data recovery software, get that out of the way and recover everything. Try to do the reformatting process…not happening. Did it on my computer, on my camera (Sony Handycam HDR-CX110) nothing turned out right. Before you ask no my lock switch is not slid down, yes i formatted it on camera like you do most cards and worked like a charm.

Is there anything I can do to save this card?

anyone? is this forum active?

you are in the wron board. this is the ultra SSD board. you should post this in memory card board. 

if format fails nothing you can do will recover the card. it will need to be replaced. 

pardon me then dr lucky, if i send this card in is sandisk going to replace it with another functional card?

@googoola wrote:

pardon me then dr lucky, if i send this card in is sandisk going to replace it with another functional card?

Contact SanDisk directly for an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization):

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

thanks tapeworm

can not help you on the reformatting-but i’m interested on the program you used for data recovery. any help would be appreciated. thanks-hank