SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB on MacMini

I have a MacMini (mid 2011) version running Lion 10.7.4 w/ 8GB.  

I just installed the SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB, which has the R201 firmware.

SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25:

Capacity:240.06 GB (240,057,409,536 bytes)

Model: SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25                   

Revision:R201    

Native Command Queuing:Yes

Queue Depth:32

Removable Media:No

Detachable Drive:No

BSD Name:disk1

Medium Type: Solid State

TRIM Support:No

Bay Name:Upper

Partition Map Type:GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. status:Verified

While Disk Utility will format the drive in DOS and ExFAT, it will not format it in Macintosh Extended Journaled for Lion.  I get the following error:

Volume Erase failed with the error:

File system formatter failed.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this or do I get another SSD which supports Mac Extended Journaled formatting?

Regards.

Nate

the file system is not an issue. any SSD will support any file system. Since the drive can be formatted in other file systems this could just be a prtition issue. 

Since you only have one partition on the drive, select the “SanDisk SSD” above it (that’s your whole physical drive), go to your Disk Utility> Partition tab, select the big box, option GUID, format OS X Extended and click Apply.

Then switch to the Erase tab, select Security Option > Zero All Data and click Erase, it will take some time.

Since you only have one partition on the drive, select the “SanDisk SSD” above it (that’s your whole physical drive), go to your Disk Utility> Partition tab, select the big box, option GUID, format OS X Extended and click Apply.

Free Movie Streaming Sites | KAT Proxy Websites Online | Stream Sports Online Free

Then switch to the Erase tab, select Security Option > Zero All Data and click Erase, it will take some time.

The file system is not an issue. any SSD will support any file system. Since the drive can be formatted in other file systems this could just be a prtition issue. 

Free Usernames and Passwords for netflix | Click here | Learn more