SanDisk extreme pro v2 e81 1tb failed 2x after even after rma exchange

I got the e81 a few months ago, it overheats, even when idle, and I lost all my data twice, I even have rma’ed it once. It failed again. This drive is horrible. I just heard they wanna release a firmware fix for the 4th version?? What about the 1tb???

1 Like

Hi @anarchy89,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

I opened a case and they just want me to rma again… what’s the point ??? I replace and I keep losing my data??? It’s such a waste of time and it’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

I can totally feel your frustration. It’s unfortunate that you’ve lost your data twice. I’m glad to hear that they’re working on a firmware fix, but it’s disappointing that it doesn’t seem to include the 1TB version. Now only they have released the updates for 4 TB drives, but not for any.
My data is lost too and I have to purchase stellar data recovery software. It though recovered all my data but I had to put in money to get the data back all due to this issue of drives of theirs.

1 Like

How these things ever were approved for sale baffles me. It seems pretty obvious to me that they are a lemon product and should be recalled and reworked and not be sold at his point. I’m sure they have done the math and somehow what they are doing makes financial sense for them, but it would seem that the repetitional harm would outsize continuing to sell these things.

1 Like

Same situation. I’ve had one for 9 days and it already died, and the vendor offered to send a replacement. Why would I possibly want another Extreme Pro SSD drive with this track record? No thanks.