Europe RMA process is a joke. Been waiting 8 months for a replacement SSD

The Sandisk RMA process is a joke. I have been waiting since Nov 2022 for a replacement SSD, Extreme Pro. I have been told on 3 occasions now that a replacement is on the way. Once I was even given a tracking code, which the couriers didn’t recognise.

I have emailed many many times trying to get an answer from Sandisk, then Western Digital, and at one point someone contacted me saying they had been assigned to sort this issue out. Well months later, and it’s still not here. The value of this SSD has reduced massively since last year.

I have had to purchase a replacement SSD as I couldn’t wait any longer for it to be replaced. I am at my wit’s end and hope that someone in Western Digital can sort all this out. I would prefer a refund of the purchase price of this SSD. If something doesn’t happen soon, I will be taking consumer advice.

1 Like

Hi @mrbenn

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes they got opened as part of the process. I have telephoned customer support possibly ten times now. Every single time they kick the can down the road.

Original Sandisk incident number: 221123-000443

And someone called Desy R opened a Western Digital Case number 230322-011671 back in May promising to sort things out.

Please don’t respond if you can’t help. The situation as I said is a joke.

1 Like

I got the Sandisk Extreme back in January, it’s not the Pro version, it’s got 2 TB of storage. But man, it’s been giving me constant Error Code -36 messages and the speed is painfully slow.I even lost some files, but thank goodness. Ended up hittin’ up EaseUS and they helped me get my folders back. Lesson learned though - always have a backup on another brand device.SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage

1 Like