SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB

Hi everybody

Just bought this USB stick and encountered huge problems.

I dragged and dropped various files into the vault and now all these files are encrypted and

show up as .dat files.

Strangely, all these .dat files are in a file called “SanDisk Secure Access Vault” in the upper left part of the screen,

so in the vault area itself.

How this could happen I dont know. But it’s a big nightmare.

I need to get all those files back in any case.

Can anybody give me an advice how to decrypt all those files or move them back out of the vault

area of the stick or to save them on any other place in the computer?

Please, please anyone can help me?

Thank you so much.

:smiley:   Hi Yamila,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Perhaps, this link will help:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-SecureAccess-2-0/SecureAccess-2-0-error/m-p/335267#M434

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

Hi Alfred

Thanks for your help link but I could not solve the issue.

Let me explain again (or do you need screenshots?):

I moved most of my files by drag and drop to the “my vault” area. It looks like there is a vault within the vault,

so to speak. I am not sure if I express myself correctly. Then if I open this vault file, all the files there appear as

encrypted files in “.dat” format.

This encryption was obviously created by the SanDisk USB stick. So by any means it should be easily possible

to decrypt these files again.

I hope there is really a way out of this mess.

Please help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks

:smiley:   Hi Yamila,

[  It looks like there is “a vault within the vault” ]

Please:

1-  Try to extract the “Vault (old) within the vault”, that must have this exact name: SanDiskSecureAccess Vault  ], to the desktop of your PC.

To extract it, see point 2.9-, in the link.

2-   Then, make a backup of the entire contents of the pendrive, to your PC (My Documents).

3-  Then, clean the pendrive (erasing all it have).

4-   Now, start again:

Download (portable app, free) SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, it copies in the pendrive, and install it with the same password, and then you close it.

5-   And you will have two files in the pendrive:

SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win       (the application).
     SanDiskSecureAccess Vault           (new and empty), (which is the folder that contains the encrypted files).

6-  Then, you delete SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (new), of the pendrive.

7-  Then, copy in the pendrive: SanDiskSecureAccess Vault (old), that you have on your desktop PC.

8-   Then, you can run the application SanDiskSecureAccessV2_win, and ready.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                        (Google translated)

Hi Alfred

The files are still encrypted and show up as .pdf files.

I don’t know what’s going on with this stick but it’s horrifying.

Can you help any further please?

Regards,

Adrian

:smiley:   Hi Yamila (Adrian),

9-   If the above steps have not solved the problem, do not grieve more friend, contact SanDisk Technical Support who will replace the device, if it’s authentic and is within warranty. Link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                  (Google translated)