Sandisk 1Gb Sorting Music

I bought a new clip and I love it, but there is one thing that annoys me. I like to create playlists in “My Music” folders, not in Windows Media Player, for the the gym—Rock folder, mellow folder, etc. In my old player, it would honor that and I could listen to each folder the way I wanted to. With the clip, it is too smart for its own good. It reorganizes my folder by artist and album and I have to now search for each song on the player when all I want is to listen to my rock or mellow folder. Am I missing something?

Michael

I have upgraded the firmware to V01.01.18A

Message Edited by verytallmichael on 01-11-2008 08:58 AM

When you say “create playlists”, do you really mean playlists, or do you mean subfolders?

The Clip currently displays songs sorted by tags, not by folders within memory.  If you meant playlists, you can still access your playlists within the Clip and have the songs sorted in order within the playlist, assuming you’ve created the playlist correctly.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 01-11-2008 01:05 PM

I mean subfolders that had songs in the order that I wanted. It used to be so easy. Now I have to find the song, and if it’s the only song from an artist, it just repeats itself. The other thing is, let’s take The Greatest Hits of Eric Clapton. I can’t listen to the whole album in order because the clip organizes into all of the bands he has been in–Cream, Blind Faith, Yardbirds, etc. How to I play things the way I drop and drag them?

verytallmichael wrote:
I mean subfolders that had songs in the order that I wanted. It used to be so easy. Now I have to find the song, and if it’s the only song from an artist, it just repeats itself. The other thing is, let’s take The Greatest Hits of Eric Clapton. I can’t listen to the whole album in order because the clip organizes into all of the bands he has been in–Cream, Blind Faith, Yardbirds, etc. How to I play things the way I drop and drag them?

The Greatest Hits of Eric Clapton … if you select that particular album, I think the Clip will play the songs in order if you have the track numbers correct.

But basically you can’t play them the way you drag and drop them, unless you drag and drop them into playlists via some music manager like WMP or MediaMonkey, and then sync and listen to the playlists.  Unlike some other players (and like some other players), the Clip organizes and displays songs using tags.

Unless and until Sansa allows a folder view, you can’t do what you want, unfortunately, apart from:  using a playlist; or changing the ID3 tags.