Rhapsody Question

For the month, are the CDs free too?

I thought that it was free for a month, I’m just checking because I don’t want a huge bill at the end of this.

Thanks

I would also like to know about the free 30 day Free Rhapsody. It’s not to clear with the info that comes with the unit. Is it free music downloads for 30 days? I see it does say 1 free audio book…George

Message Edited by George-W on 09-06-2008 09:33 AM

As I understand it, with the basic Rhapsody ‘subscription’ service, you are in essence “renting” the music. As long as you keep paying, you can listen. And for some, this may be a good deal. You get exposure to many, many different artists & genres than you ordinarily would. You can also “buy” individual tracks if you like them. Then those are your’s to keep.

I just don’t like the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee for the ‘privilige’ of buying music tracks. They’ve got you coming and going! :angry:

It makes much more sense to me to buy CDs on E-Bay for a few bucks (used is OK) and rip them yourself. You can control the quality of the recording and you have the CD for back-up. Or you can turn around and re-sell it on E-Bay again essentially re-couping your costs and giving you FREE music.

As I understand it, with the basic Rhapsody ‘subscription’ service, you are in essence “renting” the music. As long as you keep paying, you can listen. And for some, this may be a good deal. You get exposure to many, many different artists & genres than you ordinarily would. You can also “buy” individual tracks if you like them. Then those are your’s to keep.

I just don’t like the fact that you have to pay a monthly fee for the ‘privilige’ of buying music tracks. They’ve got you coming and going! :angry:

It makes much more sense to me to buy CDs on E-Bay for a few bucks (used is OK) and rip them yourself. You can control the quality of the recording and you have the CD for back-up. Or you can turn around and re-sell it on E-Bay again essentially re-couping your costs and giving you FREE music. :smiley:

Ya, Gee if that the case it does seem like a  rip off… Nope that’s not for me!! Thanks!  George

The advantage of Rhapsody (or any “subscription-based” music service) is that you can have access to a large library of music that you otherwise would not have ready access to.  If you have teenage daughters, the advantages are numerous.  As their interests change, one does not have to watch the dollars flow down the drain.

Having the Rhapsody Channels feature is arguably the strongest advantage to the service.  In this mode, music is downloaded automatically in your chosen genres, ant it’s updated every time you plug in.  If there are any songs you would like to keep on your device, that’s a click away.  If you would like to purchase a download (no DRM), that’s also one click away.

Compared against the iTunes model, it’s far better than listening to a 30 second clip, and synchronizing your credit card. 

I think of it as cable TV for your Sansa.  As long as you are a subscriber, full access to the library makes for some interesting listening…without the guilt of discovering that the album you just bought isn’t as great as the album art led you to think! 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: