recovery mode wont work

Ive had a sansa e260 for about 2 years and it constantly has one problem or another.  This time I got the “load main image failed” message again. (About the 5th time so far)  Ive learned how to fix the problem with recovery mode and sansa.fmt.  The only difference is when I did it this time I tried adding songs (624 of them) and only 64 actually worked.  I tried reconnecting the mp3 to my computer but the computer doesnt recognize it, in either mode.  I tried recovery mode but it always freezes when I connect it to my computer, reading “USB cable connected” but nothing more happens.  Can some one please help me before I smash this mp3 and buy an Ipod.

Your RAM chip might be loose inside. They sometimes become unseated from the motherboard. It’s a very simple thing to check; just remove the 4 small screws from teh back, remove the back plate and battery and press down on a small piece of black (or grey) foam on a smaller circuit board (daughterboard). You may hear (or feel) a slight click as you press it into the motherboard.

Put’er back together and see if things improve.

I HAVE A SANSA E280R AUDIO MEDIA PLAYER. BOOTS UP THE REFRESH DATABASE GREEN SCREEN FREEZES. CAN YOU HELP ME?

ONLY IF YOU TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF AND QUIT SHOUTING! :wink:

1. Back up your music on your computer.
  2. Format player.
  3. Run Error-Checking on files to check for corruption.
  4. Check and/or edit ID3 tags of files with MP3Tag.
  5. Re-transfer music files back to player.
  6. if you aren’t familiar with #3 & #4, use the Search box here. There are already about a gazillion posts discussing them.

:smiley: