Previous content on a refurbished e200

Hi folks,

First time poster with a problem. I recently purchased a refurbished e200 that arrived with a library of songs from it's previous owner. I deleted them from the drive but they're still listed on the player and I'm flummoxed about how to get them off. If the player attempts to play the song it returns a Bad Track error which I can't back out of so I end up powering the unit off.

I can't format the drive because the Format option is missing from the Utility list. Windows Media Player 11 won't see the original songs at all so removing them that way won't work either.  I can't figure out how to manually delete songs.

Any suggestions would be grateful and more updates when I get replies.

Thanks in advance.

Version 1 e200’s doesn’t have the Format option from its settings. Format erases everything on the device (pictures, videos, songs, etc…). But if you really want to format the mp3 player, which I would recommend because of the bad track error, then do this:

1. Go to the e200’s Settings and look for USB mode or Mode.

2. Select MSC (Mass Storage Class). Computer will then detect your mp3 player as Sansa e2XX (X=model of your mp3 player) with a drive letter beside it.

3. Open My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista) and look for your Sansa.

4. Single right-click the drive and select Format.

5. Leave everything as it is on the next window and click Start. Again, all information is lost when you Format.

Wait for it to finish and then safely remove the device from the computer. Wait for it to refresh the data base and then check.

Hope this helps. :wink:

I will try that now but have to ask before I do:

Won’t that format the unit including the folders (Music, Photo, Pictures, Playlists, etc) as well as the version.sdk and version.txt files in the unit?

@jbugman wrote:

I will try that now but have to ask before I do:

Won’t that format the unit including the folders (Music, Photo, Pictures, Playlists, etc) as well as the version.sdk and version.txt files in the unit?

The player will automatically recreate those files and folders when you start it up again after the format.

It works!  You guys rock!

/Happy Dance