Blast from the past ( Sansa e270 6gb issues)

I originally thought this thing was broken but I guess it’s not, however I would like to know why it shows I have 19 songs but when I hook it up to the computer it says I have over 100 songs?

Why?

Should I reset everything?

The e200 navigates through your music via the ID3 tags embedded into each of your music tracks.  If the computer sees 100, as you mention, transfer them to the PC and edit the tags using an application like MP3Tag.

If the player has been idle for quite some time, it’s a good idea to give the device a full charge, and if you wish to clear the device and start fresh, be sure that you do NOT use the Windows format command if connected in Recovery Mode.  Simply format the device as FAT32 (yours is a 6GB device, everything above 2GB should be FAT32), and do not use the “quick format” option.

Rgarding “missing” music, there are several important issues.  Remember, there are two USB modes, MSC and MTP.  Files transferred in one mode will not be visible from the PC when connected in the alternate mode.  Also, the Music folder is “hidden” by default.  In Windows Explorer, under folder view, select “show hidden files”.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Actually I have another problem anytime I add a track it says bad track and doesn’t play.

I want to clear it out and start over again.

How do I do that?

Keep it in layman’s terms I’m not very good with mp3 players.  :wink:

Cassidy478 wrote:

Actually I have another problem anytime I add a track it says bad track and doesn’t play.

I want to clear it out and start over again.

How do I do that?

Keep it in layman’s terms I’m not very good with mp3 players.  :wink:

The file is corrupted. Rip it again or get another copy. If it’s already on your player, formatting as described by neutron_bob will delete it. Don’t copy it again from your computer until you get a new copy of it.