Possible to unlock Sandisk X300 SSD?

Hello Folks,

I have bought a Sandisk X300M.2 SSD from someone online without letting me that it is password protected or he wasn’t aware at all. When I tried hdparm tool with all its parameters all I can get is:

SECURITY\_UNLOCK : Input/Output error

Trust me I have tried every possible parameters  I found many forums but hdparm won’t serve at all.

Then I fould the SanDisk Crypto Erase Tool which was promosing at begining except that when I have created the the bootable usb to boot up with I get stuck at first screen which asks for the SSD password.

Is it possible for a workaround to solve this issue?

I appreciate anyone can help on this.

@thomasm wrote:

Hello Folks,

I have bought a Sandisk X300M.2 SSD from someone online without letting me that it is password protected or he wasn’t aware at all. When I tried hdparm tool with all its parameters all I can get is:

SECURITY_UNLOCK : Input/Output error

Trust me I have tried every possible parameters  I found many forums but hdparm won’t serve at all.

Then I fould the SanDisk Crypto Erase Tool in teer result which was promosing at begining except that when I have created the the bootable usb to boot up with I get stuck at first screen which asks for the SSD password.

Is it possible for a workaround to solve this issue?

I appreciate anyone can help on this.

You most likely need to unlock with is a PSID Tool. If you look on the SSD there is a 32 character (3 sets of 8) PSID. From what I have looked up get a hold of samsung tech support. Tell them the password has been lost and it needs to be reverted and unlocked. They should give you a tool that you boot off of and then you can revert it back to an unlocked state.

Thank you Nashia for the respons.

As you can see in the attached photo. There is no sign of PSID on the M.2 SSD drive. I have reached out to Sandisk support team and they said we can’t help you out as the drive’s warranty has expired and we can offer any support.

What I am looking for now is if there is a way to bypass the SSD password that prompts at the boots so I can run the password cleaner when the drive plugged to the mother as all the steps I have done is through the USB port.