Poor Battery Life

Has anyone, besides myself, experienced poor battery charge life?  My Connect 4GB unit will not hold a charge for more than about one day.  I don’t know what the exact length of time is but, I have fully charged it using the wall outlet plug only to find it dead the next day, without ever turning it on.

if you arent using it for wifi, try turning on flight/airplane mode. It turns off the wifi and should save you on battery life … a lot

wi-fi eats battery life, that’s why if i am not listening to the internet radio or downloading songs, i just put it on the flight mode.  cool thing about the Connect though is you can still listen to your songs even when its plugged in

@joevrat wrote:

Has anyone, besides myself, experienced poor battery charge life?  My Connect 4GB unit will not hold a charge for more than about one day.  I don’t know what the exact length of time is but, I have fully charged it using the wall outlet plug only to find it dead the next day, without ever turning it on.

Yes, my Connect drains even when not turned on.  I am going to try the flight mode suggested above though!

when you turn it off it just goes into stand by. this will still use some battery life although it does make for a much quicker boot time. you can also try turning it all the way off. press and hold the power button for like 15 to 20 sec and it will completely shut down. should be better for battery life than stand by.

Yes, turning off the WiFi was the first thing I tried, it didn’t work. 

I did find out the cause of the drained battery, though.  It seems if you turn off the Connect while music is playing, the sound stops and the display turns off but the music playing circuitry is still operating.   There is no way to turn the music off.  A song can be ‘paused’ ( >|| ), advanced ( >>| ), restarted/previous song ( |<< ) but not stopped, only paused.

If you hit the power button for a couple seconds, the Sansa Connect goes into standby mode. This turns off everything but keeps memory powered to resume without full reboot. The Connect can last up to two weeks in this mode starting from a full charge. Mine lasts at least 10 days.

I’ve never seen a problem with song continuing to play when putting the Connect into standby mode. I just tried and the song goes to ‘pause’.

What firmware version is on your device? Current ZAP release is 1.0.1.27236r. If you don’t have that, just listen to Internet Radio for a while until it goes through a firmware update process.

I understand your problem completely.

Go here for more info. :wink:

I see exactly the same thing.  The battery will drain within hours when the device is in standby.  In both cases when this occured I was listening to music from a mix.  I paused the music and pressed the power button.  The connect gave the “Good bye” message and the display turned off. 

This makes the use of standby problematic. 

Doug

I’ve had trouble with Standby mode as well.  I did find that pausing music before going to standby makes the difference.  If I let it play and try to standby, it will be dead very soon.  The player does take a long time to boot from a complete shutdown.

If I make sure to turn it off the right way, the battery life seems pretty good.  I used the built-in speaker quite a bit the other day, and still had plenty of power left to listen all day through the car stereo.

So I guess I’m saying I’ve seen both sides of this issue.  If you aren’t on top of it, a full charge will last you an hour.  Otherwise, I’m on my third day of mixed use between built-in speaker and headphone output and shuffle mode on (i.e. minimum use of the display for selecting songs, etc.)  Wireless mode is off for all of this.

i had poor battery life in mah balls once.:mansad: