Podcast: How to Resume Playback?

Hello, 

I have recently replaced my trustly and beloved Sansa Clip+ (which died, RIP) with a Sansa Clip Zip.   I use my Sansa almost exclusively for listening to podcasts.     I’m getting to grips with the Sansa Clip Zip.  

One essential feature I had on the Sansa Clip+ was the ‘Resume Playback’.   This allowed me to resume playing a podcast that I had previously stopped mid-way.    How do I get the Clip Zip to facilitate resume playback?    When I return to a partially played podcast on the Sansa Clip Zip it begins playing from the start of the podcast which is frustrating.   

My Clip Zip has firmware v. 01.01.20A.  

c 

You may have found the answer by now but I find that if I pause the podcast playback before shutting the player off if remembers the place and asks if I want to resume or start again.

My Clip+ suddenly stopped resuming playback for podcasts.  I tried resetting to factory defaults as well as the hard reset by holding down the power button for more than 20 seconds.

Eventually I copied all the files to my computer and re-formatted the device.  Resume Playback has returned!

When the player makes a data connection with a pc, it will lose the resume location. So if keeping the resume location is important to you, then charge the player using a cell phone charger. Make sure the charger says 5 volts on it.

I can’t find any relation between putting files on my Clip+ via PC and the complete loss of the Resume Playback option.  I have mine connected almost daily and Resume just disappeared yesterday.

Thanks so much for posting your experience, ehsande!  My Sansa Clip+ also suddenly (a few days ago) lost its ability to resume playback.  I thought it was the recent firmware update that messed it up, but (as you noted) factory reset didn’t restore this feature.  I was getting very frustrated when I came across your post.  Just formated my Clip+, as you suggested.  That did the trick.  Whew!