Playback Resume Fade In

Hi,

when pausing playback, music usually fades out nicely, but when resuming playback I get a “bzzz” noise (kind of digital processing) fading in during fade in time instead of music, and then music resumes at normal playback volume. Sometimes it only fades in in either channel and sometimes it also happens during fade out.

This happens almost every time with FLAC, OGG and MP3 formats at least. Actually I’m listening to a MP3 with “VBR V2” profile and it doesn’t seem to fade at all.

It’s not a big issue, but does anyone else have it?

-Fuze;V01.01.22F;internal memory

Yes, I get the same thing and it only lasts a fraction of a second immediatly before music resumes. Interestingly enough I am also using the JVC FX-66, but I know it isn’t the headphones because I’ve tested it with my Sennheiser HD497’s and it does the same.

I’ve just tried the headphones that came with fuze and it’s the same thing.

Just noticed that the noise’s pitch varies according to volume: lower volume, lower noise’s pitch, until it disappears when volume bar is at about half.

Hi,

when pausing playback, music usually fades out nicely,

Huh? My Fuze simply stops playback immediatley. How do you set it to fade out?

Ciao Matthias

PS: FW 1.22

It’s not a setting.

It’s barely noticeable. Only for 100ms or so, so that the sound doesn’t stops or starts abruptly (I think nowadays every portable and software players fade a little, not sure).

Maybe it depends on file formats and/or encoding, since there I’ve listened to some mp3’s which didn’t seem to fade when pausing.

But do you hear a noise when resuming playback?

This is a known issue with the Analog front end. The DC offset changes as the gain is ramped up and causes a small noise on fade in. It cannot be fixed.

Hello,

@eardrum wrote:

Maybe it depends on file formats and/or encoding, since there I’ve listened to some mp3’s which didn’t seem to fade when pausing.

This may be a point. I am listening to mp3’s which are coded with variable bitrate (vbr) only. I cannot hear any fading. I think we are talking about some 100 ms.

@eardrum wrote:

But do you hear a noise when resuming playback?

No I hear absolutely no noise when resuming playback. I hear a noise when I switch the Fuze on - whether if it direcly starts playing or it waits for my input. But I do not hear any sound when I pause playing by pressing the >|| key.

Ciao banty