Play one song at a time

I got my Fuze to use for backing tracks for playing guitar. I want to dial up a track, have the Fuze play that tune, and then stop until I choose another. What is the easiest way to do this? I transfer the tracks to the Fuze using Explorer, and would rather not use WMP, although I suppose making a playlist for each song would be one way to do this.

You can also do playlists in MSC through Media Monkey, and there are other MSC playlist programs as well–search the board. That’s the best way.

The GoList lets you add a song when it’s playing just by holding down the center button. For one song, that might be easiest. 

Thanks, B-R. Since I don’t see any other replies, I’ll go with a playlist per song as the best solution.

You could put the backing tracks in the podcast or Audiobooks folder so they won’t appear in the song list on your player, and won’t play when you choose to shuffle your music. If you use the audiobook folder, and each track has a different album tag, then when you choose an album from the audiobook sub menu, it will play just the one file then stop.

@jk98 wrote:
You could put the backing tracks in the podcast or Audiobooks folder so they won’t appear in the song list on your player, and won’t play when you choose to shuffle your music. If you use the audiobook folder, and each track has a different album tag, then when you choose an album from the audiobook sub menu, it will play just the one file then stop.

Can’t you do the same thing in the music folder. Create a folder say with a name like “AAA guitar lic” in your computer.  Put the one song in the folder and select ‘album’. Then play the solng in the album. With the album named “AAA guitar lic”  should put the name near the top of the album list.  I you start the name with a double zero, (00), it probably with be at the top of the list.

“Create a folder say with a name like “AAA guitar lic” in your computer. Put the one song in the folder and select ‘album’. Then play the solng in the album. With the album named “AAA guitar lic” should put the name near the top of the album list. I you start the name with a double zero, (00), it probably with be at the top of the list.”

Putting just one song in a folder will let it play then stop if you choose folder view then choose to play that folder. If you give the song a unique album tag, then you could have the single file play then stop if you choose that album. The advantage of putting the backing tracks in the audiobooks or podcasts folder is that the backing tracks won’t be in the song list, and when you want to shuffle through the song list, the backing tracks won’t randomly play together with the regular music. I put my classical music in the audiobooks folder, since I don’t want their movements to be listed in the song list, and don’t want a movement of a classical symphony to start playing when I am shuffling through my pop music.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-05-2009 11:59 AM

There are actually lots of ways to skin this cat.

All you need is mp3tag to fiddle with whatever tag is convenient. Album is good, because you can put one song in an Album. Artist is good if you want to make each lone song a new “artist” and then Play All. Genre also works. 

And of course, so does Folders (under Music) if you want to put each track in its own folder.