Paging Neutron Bob - Brightness still not working

Sorry I clicked on solution accepted and it’s not! :slight_smile:

It looks like V 02.01 and something behind it I can’t see since the brightness is so dim.

And it’s a 2 GB clip.

Okay then!  The 2GB does not have the reflective coating that can make the OLED display appear dim.

Go to Settings > Display > then scroll down to Brightness.  Is the bar at least halfway?  Then the display should be visible in room light.  The Backlight setting is the display timer only.

If it’s dim, try cranking it up a bit and see if there’s any change.  If not, exchange the unit for a new one.

It’s best to deal with the vendor directly during the initial weeks after purchase, as that’s the fastest and best way (they will in turn work with SanDisk).  Beyond that period, all you need do is contact SanDisk at 1-866-SANDISK, as they have a 1 year warranty.

Sounds like you simply got a bad display.  Surprising, as it’s a Rev. 2 unit too.

Bob  :wink:

Thanks for your help Bob!  I have the brightness level up as far as it will go!  I’m sure it’s a bad display unit now - I just thought I was expecting too much of it and maybe it was just my eyes!  :wink:

I’ll contact Amazon tomorrow about exchanging it for another one - I love the sound quality of it!  Now if I can just get a non-defective clip I’ll be all set!  Thanks again!

Debby

No worries.  It’s a bummer to get a bad display, but at least you have had a chance to see how everything else works.  The sound quality defies all logic, as teeny as these things are.  They are very tough little machines.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: