Not Enough Space For Music DB. Please Free 90 Mb

This came up just yesterday i was playing music on my fuze then the music froze so turned it off and then turned it back on. then this error message pops up and everytime i try to format it format it from my cpu, my cpu starts running slow not even giving me a chance to format it i was about to send it back in and get my money backa nd continue using my c200 sansa. Please help soon because i am really losing my patience. Thank You :smiley:

Message Edited by SansaFiend0257 on 01-25-2009 08:55 AM

its no hope

Rather than reformat it, why don’t you just delete some songs off of it? The error is straightforward, it needs you to have some free space on the Fuze.

Hello,

@sansafiend0257 wrote:
 i was about to send it back in and get my money backa nd continue using my c200 sansa. Please help soon because i am really losing my patience. Thank You :smiley:

just for your infomation - here are not only sandisk employers reading and answering. I do not think your patience is of interest to anyone of the “normal” people here. And another thing: I am not a native english speaker so your text is not easily readable and understandable for me. Because I have to search where the dots need to be and because I do not understand your understanding of “cpu”. Did you use it synonym for PC?

Search for your theme and you will get a lot of entries to this. Connect the Fuze to your PC and run “chkdsk” to its disk.

Ciao banty

But my windows explorer stops responding anytime i put it in

@sansafiend0257 wrote:
this device sucks

in this case - just send your Fuze back and go home. Just buy an ipod or whatelse is making you lucky. But go away from here.

Ciao banty

anything but this $#!+ that does’nt even work for 2 months now i no why this thing was cheap. :angry:

@banty wrote:

in this case - just send your Fuze back and go home. Just buy an ipod or whatelse is making you lucky. But go away from here.

Look, this person is frustrated. If you can’t be helpful, maybe its best not to respond.

I’ve received this message before, but it was always easy to fix. This is obviously different, but the message is very common - try searching this forum and you’ll probably find an answer.

@bdb wrote:
Rather than reformat it, why don’t you just delete some songs off of it? The error is straightforward, it needs you to have some free space on the Fuze.

Despite what the error msg. says, it really has nothing to do with the amount of free space on the player. Refer to the FAQ on the subject. (90 mb is the Fuze’s version of the same msg.)

Try connecting by switching the HOLD switch on (Power button slider down). Press & hold the |<< button while at the same time plugging the cable (already connected to the computer) into the bottom of the player. From here, providing it connects OK, you can run ChkDsk and/or format the player.

If you format via Windows and get it back up & running, before you load anything back onto it, re-format it again using the on-board Format function in the Settings menu. This will re-format it with the 32kb clusters it prefers rather then the teeny-tiny 4kb ones that Windows uses during the formatting process. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

Despite what the error msg. says, it really has nothing to do with the amount of free space on the player.

Well it can be - I’ve gotten the error a few times and every time I was able to resolve it by freeing up space. I agree in this particular instance, though, it isn’t.

Hello,

@bdb wrote:


@banty wrote:

in this case - just send your Fuze back and go home. Just buy an ipod or whatelse is making you lucky. But go away from here.


Look, this person is frustrated. If you can’t be helpful, maybe its best not to respond.

 

I’ve received this message before, but it was always easy to fix. This is obviously different, but the message is very common - try searching this forum and you’ll probably find an answer.

Sorry about that. If you read the thread carefully enough you know why Iresponded this way. “This Device sucks” is simply not an acceptable entry here. I think SansaFiend thought the same (after my response) and because of that deleted his entry.

As you can read I tried to be helpful first but then I read the other entry and lost interest to find a solution.

Tapeworm had the right advice - the “Hold + >||”-start trick.

Did you have problems with not enough space left on the device which had another source? How did you solve them? Just by deleting some files?

Hope SansaFiend gets his Fuze to work again and hope he will stay with his Fuze. I really like my one :slight_smile:

Ciao banty

@banty wrote:

Did you have problems with not enough space left on the device which had another source? How did you solve them? Just by deleting some files?

 

Yes, if you use MSC mode and fill up the internal flash, it will give you this error (I’m not sure if MTP mode gives the same error). Its simply a matter of deleting songs until there is at least 90MB free, just as the error indicates.

@bdb wrote:


@banty wrote:

Did you have problems with not enough space left on the device which had another source? How did you solve them? Just by deleting some files?

 


Yes, if you use MSC mode and fill up the internal flash, it will give you this error (I’m not sure if MTP mode gives the same error). Its simply a matter of deleting songs until there is at least 90MB free, just as the error indicates.

This doesn’t make sense to me. I have several Sansas, e200series v1 & v2’s and a Fuze. I have filled them at different times all the way up to the brim. Full enough that somtimes I have only kb’s of free space, not MB and certainly not anywhere near 90MB! I have never encountered that error message unless I had a corrupted file.

As we speak, my primary v2 unit has only 9.3MB free and the 8Gb card has only 6.7MB free. And if I find another song by one of the artists on the player that will convert into 256kbps in .mp3 format and come in at 9MB or under, I’ll stick that on there too.

I believe in getting my money’s worth. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

 

This doesn’t make sense to me. I have several Sansas, e200series v1 & v2’s and a Fuze. I have filled them at different times all the way up to the brim. Full enough that somtimes I have only kb’s of free space, not MB and certainly not anywhere near 90MB! I have never encountered that error message unless I had a corrupted file.

 

As we speak, my primary v2 unit has only 9.3MB free and the 8Gb card has only 6.7MB free. And if I find another song by one of the artists on the player that will convert into 256kbps in .mp3 format and come in at 9MB or under, I’ll stick that on there too.

 

I believe in getting my money’s worth. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it would only ever be true if you deleted everything from the Fuze, then filled it to the brim with files before it was allowed to create the database.

If it already has the database it would already have taken up the 90mb of space and the Fuze would just be overwriting it. It’s a generic error message that does not reflect the true nature of the problem and leads to confusion amongst users.

How many messages are posted on this forum “Why does my Fuze say to free up 90mb of space when I have heaps of room”? Countless.

@tapeworm wrote:

This doesn’t make sense to me. I have several Sansas, e200series v1 & v2’s and a Fuze. I have filled them at different times all the way up to the brim. Full enough that somtimes I have only kb’s of free space, not MB and certainly not anywhere near 90MB! I have never encountered that error message unless I had a corrupted file.

Do you use MSC mode? I’m not sure if it happens in MTP mode.

MTP-tooey.

Only MSC for me. ( M ode of S ansa C hampions):wink:

MTP-tooey.

Only MSC for me. ( M ode of S ansa C hampions) :smileyvery-happy:

I recently had the same problem on my SanDisk.  When trying to syncronize 5 CDs on my MP3, after 8 songs the process stopped.  I disconnect the MP3 and this error message came up.  I tried two more times to syncronize with same results.  I disconnected the MP3 and this message came up and it powered down.  I tried the fixes posted on this board and I had absolutely no luck with any of them.  I connected the MP3 back to my computer and was able to read the external chip but not the internal drive.  The internal drive was showing in MyComputer but I could not read it.  Don’t waste your time trying to read the drive.  Still no luck after deleting almost of my songs on the external chip.  I remember an earlier recommendation to reformat. 

This process worked the first time.  Connect your MP3 and then open MyComputer.  Look for the drive that indicates your internal drive on the MP3.  Mine was H: for the internal & I: was the external.  Go to “Programs” > “Accessories” > click on “c:command prompt.” and type at the c:\format H: 

You will get the warning that this will delete all files on your drive (oh well). This will take about 3-5 minutes, so be patient.  You know it worked when you get a chance to name the drive at end.  Now to check, disconnect the MP3 from your computer and it should now bring up your menu.  Reconnect to the computer and start adding your music back on it.  Good Luck!!

@jazzman32 wrote:

I recently had the same problem on my SanDisk.  When trying to syncronize 5 CDs on my MP3, after 8 songs the process stopped.  I disconnect the MP3 and this error message came up.  I tried two more times to syncronize with same results.  I disconnected the MP3 and this message came up and it powered down.  I tried the fixes posted on this board and I had absolutely no luck with any of them.  I connected the MP3 back to my computer and was able to read the external chip but not the internal drive.  The internal drive was showing in MyComputer but I could not read it.  Don’t waste your time trying to read the drive.  Still no luck after deleting almost of my songs on the external chip.  I remember an earlier recommendation to reformat. 

 

This process worked the first time.  Connect your MP3 and then open MyComputer.  Look for the drive that indicates your internal drive on the MP3.  Mine was H: for the internal & I: was the external.  Go to “Programs” > “Accessories” > click on “c:command prompt.” and type at the c:\format H: 

You will get the warning that this will delete all files on your drive (oh well). This will take about 3-5 minutes, so be patient.  You know it worked when you get a chance to name the drive at end.  Now to check, disconnect the MP3 from your computer and it should now bring up your menu.  Reconnect to the computer and start adding your music back on it.  Good Luck!!

ALMOST…BEFORE YOU START ADDING MUSIC AGAIN, DISCONNECT THE PLAYER AND GO TO SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>FORMAT> YES.

I use caps because this is important. If you format using windows your player’s memory will be in a configuration that it doesnt like. By formatting in the player as well, it will make everything friendly