No sound on Fuze

I have a 4 Gb Fuze I bought off Woot.com a couple months back. It’s been working fine up until this evening when my wife reported it wouldn’t give her any sound. I’ve already checked the volume and the master volume is up all the way and the “user” volume is maxed as well. I’ve checked the version of the Firmware and it’s up to date. I tried plugging up an amplified computer speaker to it and playing music and didn’t get anything. Basically, it’s acting like there’s a disconnect between the headphone jack and the rest of the computer. Oh, and I’ve reset the settings to factory.

How do I go about getting it repaired/replaced? I’ve only had it a couple months. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also… it has not been dropped or damaged in any obvious way, plus it had a protective hard acrylic case on it protecting it.

Bump!

Are you sure the unit isn’t ‘Paused’? Do you get the same non-existent volume when using the FM radio?

Unfortunately, there’s no place to take these things for repair as the labor cost would exceed the value of the player. Also unfortunately, re-furbs are always a gamble. They may last 2 days or 2 years.

http://www.woot.com/user/warrantyinfo.htm

Positive it’s not paused. I’ve got a 2 Gb version myself and I know how to tell when it’s paused and when it’s not. Also, I *did* try it on FM radio and no sound there either.

At the suggestion of a post that has been removed, I have contacted Woot.com’s support department. I’ve also checked with SanDisk’s support department, but haven’t gotten much of any help yet, other than instructions to verify that it’s not paused. :frowning: As I told them, I plugged in an amplified computer speaker and got nothing either on FM or on MP3. :frowning:

Still waiting on SanDisk to reply to  my response to their request that I double-check that it’s not paused.

Newsman wrote:

At the suggestion of a post that has been removed, I have contacted Woot.com’s support department. I’ve also checked with SanDisk’s support department, but haven’t gotten much of any help yet, other than instructions to verify that it’s not paused. :frowning: As I told them, I plugged in an amplified computer speaker and got nothing either on FM or on MP3. :frowning:

Still waiting on SanDisk to reply to  my response to their request that I double-check that it’s not paused.

Good luck on this. Woot isn’t exactly known for their excessively long warranty period (read: next to nothing), and re-furbed units are not covered under SanDisk’s warranty.

Woot just emailed me back and said that they would send me out a replacement. As for not being on the Sansa warranty, I don’t know about that, but I registered the device with them and it’s showing up as “under warranty” even though I put that I bought it off Woot.com. *shrug* Doesn’t matter now as Woot is shipping out a replacement.

It’s all good, then. :smiley: