No Display Light

I have a 2 gig Sansa mp3 player that I purchased last year from Radio Shack.  The display light is gone.  I actually purchased two of these , one for me and another for my daughter.  Both are blank and the display lights do not work.  I am unable to navigate through the features and this is a major disappointment.  I need a solution.

First of all, what model players are they?

Secondly, did this happen all of a sudden, or did the backlights gradually dim over time?

Thirdly, are you sure the backlight setting hasn’t been turned all the way down?

Give us some more details and we’ll see if we can help. :smiley:

It is a Sansa clip+.  Everything was working fine until the lights went out.  It was not turned down because I didn’t mess with the features.  I noticed within the past few dys that the light was dim, then suddenly it disappered.  However, one of the units does light up when it is conected to the computer, the  other one (my daughter’s model) does not light up, except around the circle area when the power comes on or off.

Thanks for any help and for at least replying. 

@1mojo wrote:

It is a Sansa clip+.   Everything was working fine until the lights went out.  It was not turned down because I didn’t mess with the features.  I noticed within the past few dys that the light was dim, then suddenly it disappered.  However, one of the units does light up when it is conected to the computer, the  other one (my daughter’s model) does not light up, except around the circle area when the power comes on or off.

Thanks for any help and for at least replying. 

Ok, I’m confused . . .

The Clip+ does not has the round scroll wheel with the blue light around it, that would be the (original) Clip. the Clip+ has the (more-or-less) square pad that does not light up.

Product Image Sandisk Sansa Clip 4GB Flash MP3 Player (SDMX18R-002GK-A57F) - Black

Having said that though, it sounds like the OLED display has indeed gone out on both of these. Strange coincidence indeed, as no one else here has reported any such phenomenon or issue like this with their Clip+. Odder yet is the fact that it seems you got 2 bad ones. What are the chances?

If they’re less than a year old, I’d call SanDisk Tech Support. They’ll likely be replaced for you under warranty.

For furture reference, here is the Clip / Clip+ board. It would be better to post anything regarding these players there. :wink:

On the left, this is the Sansa Clip ; the Clip+ is on the right.

Note that the earlier device has a round control wheel (it does not rotate) with a blue illuminated ring around it.  When you mentioned the “circle area”, this device is an earlier Clip.  Can you clarify if the OLED display is working?  This is the information display common to both versions of the Clip.

If the device powers up when plugged in to the USB port, and dies immediately when disconnected, the battery or battery connection may be your issue.  These devices have a one year warranty from date of purchase (two years in Europe).  I would contact SanDisk support if the device is still within the warranty period, at 1-866-SanDisk.

There is one quick check you can make with the devices, the soft reset.  On the original Clip, slide the power switch up to the ON position and hold it there for 20-30 seconds, release, then try powering up normally.  With the new Clip+, press and hold the top power button for 20-30 seconds to reset.

µsansa

Tried your suggestion and still no light.  Trapped on radio and unable to “feel” my way around.  The most important feature was my ability to record and play back songs from voice recordings.  It is a sansa clip, the original ones, with the round fetures.  Thanks anyway.